• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Now a Soviet Era Drivers for the Mets

P.S ...The differences between early and late models of 10gdsh-1 speakers are in the different designs of a closed loop.
In the early models, it had the shape of a cap and was installed on the core of the magnetic system, and in later models it was implemented as a ring, which was already installed on the upper flange.
Since the influence of the alternating magnetic field of the voice coil on the magnetic circuit occurred not only at the height of the flange, but also along the entire length of the coil, then the compensation of this effect will be more effective with a short-circuited loop placed on the core. Also, the 10d-36k loudspeaker has another curve of the high-frequency diffuser profile.
Given the above features, it becomes clear why the early models had better detail in the upper frequency response range and are in great demand among music lovers.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Hari Iyer

Thanks Oleg for the detail difference between both models. You are right about the upper high frequency of this driver. It can put the best of the tweeters to shame. They are not only detailed and airy but not at all compressed. They sound liquid, organic and holographic to my ears.

blackscorpio

P.S ...The differences between early and late models of 10gdsh-1 speakers are in the different designs of a closed loop.
In the early models, it had the shape of a cap and was installed on the core of the magnetic system, and in later models it was implemented as a ring, which was already installed on the upper flange.
Since the influence of the alternating magnetic field of the voice coil on the magnetic circuit occurred not only at the height of the flange, but also along the entire length of the coil, then the compensation of this effect will be more effective with a short-circuited loop placed on the core. Also, the 10d-36k loudspeaker has another curve of the high-frequency diffuser profile.
Given the above features, it becomes clear why the early models had better detail in the upper frequency response range and are in great demand among music lovers.
So, Oleg, which ones are you going to send to me, early model or late model? :)

So, Oleg, which ones are you going to send to me, early model or late model? :)
You will receive the drivers from late release sample with mark 10GDSH-1-4!.. I have to say that Hari slightly mistaken about his drivers 10GDSH-1-4 - it is also late model, not 10GD-36K!.. So to put everything in its place I will give some information how could you visually distinguish such models if you do not have any mark on the body! First of all you should look on the form and material of the frame, form of high frequency cap and shape of circumferential rubber!..
Also in this article does not mention another one speaker - 10GD-36E (the old name 10GDSH-2-4) which was also made in the Soviet Union as full range driver on stamped metal frame with the same HF cap like 10GD-36K, with slightly different form of rubber rim, but I have to say that the quality of sound of such speaker 10GD-36E is the worst of the 8 inch full range speakers avaible here, so such driver I do not recommend you to buy in near future not even for a big summ of money...)
Look attach photo please...

Attachments

Last edited:

shafic

Mr. Oleg,
What is the material of the voice coil former?
Aluminium? Or Paper?
In my 'limited' experience with vintage drivers Aluminium VC former gives more 'shrill' to upper frequencies then the paper former.
Regards.

Hari Iyer

Hari Iyer

What were these drivers originally made for?
Tuff, to be honest I did not understand your question.

These drivers were originally installed in a sealed enclosre box of around 30 L to 35L volume with moderate to high stuffing. I have done this simulation in LA and it gives excellent simulated response, better than the OB. If I have an opportunity I would like to build that one too.

SPONSORED ADS
SPONSORED ADS