Nvidia Shield Problem?

shankarcams

Hello. I am facing the following problem with my Shield, and wish to know if anyone else is.

While listening specifically to DD+ content, if I pause or FF, after switching back to play, the video comes back instantly, but audio takes 5-10 seconds to appear. This problem is only with DD+ content. With PCM there is no issue. I have looked in the Internet and they say that NVidia video shipsets have some issue resyncing after DD+ content is paused.

This problem does not happen with my Fire TV stick with same DD+ content.

If anybody has faced this issue and has solved it would like to know how.

Regards

Never seen this happen with my Nvidia shield, I play a lot of DD+/Atmos audio. But I guess this could be because the HDMI handshake needs to happen whenever the audio signal goes away temporarily and resumes ? Could be some power saving feature of your receiver.

Either ways, you might wanna set 'Display & Sound > Advanced settings > Play comfort noise on HDMI' to enabled. This should ideally prevent that from happening if my hypothesis is true.

IMG_3034.jpg

Hello. I am facing the following problem with my Shield, and wish to know if anyone else is.

While listening specifically to DD+ content, if I pause or FF, after switching back to play, the video comes back instantly, but audio takes 5-10 seconds to appear. This problem is only with DD+ content. With PCM there is no issue. I have looked in the Internet and they say that NVidia video shipsets have some issue resyncing after DD+ content is paused.

Regards
I have had this problem along with many using Kodi player. Then I switched to plex and have never had any problems

Never seen this happen with my Nvidia shield, I play a lot of DD+/Atmos audio. But I guess this could be because the HDMI handshake needs to happen whenever the audio signal goes away temporarily and resumes ? Could be some power saving feature of your receiver.

Either ways, you might wanna set 'Display & Sound > Advanced settings > Play comfort noise on HDMI' to enabled. This should ideally prevent that from happening if my hypothesis is true.

View attachment 35561

Thank you @sandeepkopuri. This is already set.

Regards

I still have the issue with Kodi Shankar, What I do generally is that I pause the playback every time whenever I want to navigate to overcome the issue.

It is definitely a Shield issue. I put 8n a FIRE Stick 4k and with the same content from Netfix the problem is not there.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back