Obituary: Indian test cricket

doors666

Its not fun seeing our batsmen capitulate so meekly once again, and now the bowlers are getting belted all around the park. Another 4-0 in line, and a well deserved one. As if loosing to poms wasnt bad enough, now we go and loose to the depleted aussies also. I wonder how many runs we would've scored if they had their first choice bowling attack available to them.
What will happen to our rankings when we loose to a 4th placed team by 4-0, we probably would drop down to 6 or 7 or something like that.

In future, look forward to eng, aus, sa for good test cricket as we have stopped playing good cricket, wtf even NZ gave a much better fight than us. Anyway, most of the budhas will start retiring after this horrible series and our new comers are no good anyway, atleast not yet. We are not touring anywhere for tests for the next one and a half year, and even at home, after kumble retired, we have stopped winning consistently.

RIP Indian test cricket.

Seize all the money made from T20 and IPL formats from players and tell them you will get back only if you play well in tests abroad. :mad:

It'll all be forgotten when India comes back and our batsmen start scoring runs on these placid, flat surfaces here and our spinners taking wickets.

It happens every single time and will continue to happen....Tigers at home...Rabbits abroad..very typical Indian team.....

Why are you crying??? We are going to smash them when the come and play here, I heard they've hired special curators to kill the already dead pitches....we'll be playing 10 spinners and 1 wicketkeeper...

Besides this, we are going to play test series against Zimbabwe, Kenya and The Netherlands...we'll have almost a 50-50 chance of winning against them...besides Sachin would FINALLY make is 100th 100 (why is is sooo important???). That aside, we will get brownie points for promoting the sport of cricket...

Malcom marshal bowling to helmetless Sunil gavaskar was genuine cricket.
Regards

besides Sachin would FINALLY make is 100th 100 (why is is sooo important???).
Because lots of commercials are at stake. Annual ad contract is already in place. now imagine him not playing or not being in the news.

bad business for ad agencies and companies I will say.
Regards

Last edited:
Malcom marshal bowling to helmetless Sunil gavaskar was genuine cricket.
Regards

No Gavaskar wore a special skull cap under his hat. On the other hand, Viv Richards never wore a helmet in 1st class cricket and he faced the fastest world over and won most of the battles.

We should introduce pay for performance for cricketers and reduce the 20/20 (once every couple of years). Its a shame to talk about cricket to my friends in other countries. Also, the seniors should retire en masse and encourage training to younger generation. Sachin should remember his days when Kapil and Gavaskar amongst others encouraged him quite a bit at the beginning of his career.

Correct Hiten.

When Sachin was batting on 80 something recently, Coke released their Sachin's 100th 100 gold Coke cans into the market at some outlets. My friend bought one of them and Sachin got out on 94 I think.

They pulled all the cans off the market. Now imagine when he does make the century finally, they will put the same old and stale cans on sale to "celebrate" the milestone.

Till he does, Coke is sitting on thousands of unused cans. Bad business. Same must be true for SO many companies.

What goes up comes down.

Sachin, Saurabh, Sehwag, Dravid, Kumble, Zaheer, Laxman, Harbhajan. 8 world class players at the same time in the Indian side. Let us face it. The team we had in the past decade was the best Indian team yet.

It will be an uphill task to fill in those humongous shoes.

Whether our team wins or loses people still watch every match. As long as that happens, players get their salary & ads and BCCI gets their TV rights share.
BCCI's only worry now is how to arrange increasingly more number of matches every year.

Sadly I don't think any of that is changing any time soon.

All BCCI need is, $$$ :mad:. Doesn't matter we win or lose :sad: & never care about the future cricket of india.
Cricket is just business to BCCI :mad:

There we go again!!! such negetivity... *sigh*

Nobody is talking about Australia's lack of team spirit...cricket is a team sport isnit it? Look at the Indian team....the entire team pitched in to score 161...and two upstart openers from Oz score 150...where the team spirit???

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back