Objective DAC (ODAC) - Build

bijinmb

Hi Folks,

I was searching for a good VFM DAC and that search has ended up with ODAC.

The next thought is to build a decent looking enclosure for that, but couldn't able to find a one to my taste. Hence thought of building myself.

I have captured few shots of build process of the cabinet which I am sharing below.

Wood: Pingoda.

Finish: Matte Melamine.

More details of ODAC can be found over the links below:

Authors URL: http://nwavguy.blogspot.in/2012/04/odac-released.html

JDS Labs Blog URL: http://blog.jdslabs.com/?p=309

ODAC Assembled PCB:

Machining the Cabinets:

Finished ODAC Cabinet:

ODAC in Action!

Last edited:
superb design. very well conceptualized. wonder what all vintage equipments you have, can easily see a tape system

bibin bhai, bijin bhai, This is getting repetitive but cant help it.. You guys are doing fantastic work! Keep the flag flying high! Beautiful cab for the ODAC. I am using one, these days, too.

Last edited:
That is a really lovely box. A work of art.

The only problem is that I suspect that if you were making it for others, it would cost as much as the humble ODAC inside!

Can you add a photo of how the board is mounted and wired?

my ODAC is hidden away like a cable. There is nothing to see, nothing to switch or touch and it is very small --- I thought it might just as well be an unseen component. A mystery component even! Yours demands to be shown off :)

That is a really lovely box. A work of art.

The only problem is that I suspect that if you were making it for others, it would cost as much as the humble ODAC inside!

Can you add a photo of how the board is mounted and wired?

my ODAC is hidden away like a cable. There is nothing to see, nothing to switch or touch and it is very small --- I thought it might just as well be an unseen component. A mystery component even! Yours demands to be shown off :)

Thanks Thad E Ginathom.

No it won't cost as much as the humble ODAC inside, since I went for a batch of such cabinet all in one shot. That really filtered off many repetitive phases/jobs when we do one by one.

Presently the first one is taken for audition, I will surely take the snap of the board and internal wiring and post once its back.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back