OEM speakers for Home Theatre

panditji

Checked out the OEM speakers at the What Hifi Show in Delhi and was pleasantly surprised at the sound considering they are in wall speakers..Spent less time there as I was more interested in the stereo products on demo there especially Focal.

However when I went to audition Jern speakers at Audio Nirvana, I was asked by Ashish to listen to the OEM Home Theatre setup in the other room though I'm not a big fan of home theaters. Ended up being very impressed with the sound of which the setup and placement must have played a huge role... The mids were crystal clear and the bass thump gave me goosebumps. I think the movie played was Independence Day (the Will Smith one) and it was a very enjoyable experience..For me the best part was all the speakers were inwall including the sub woofer with excellent sound and effects withut any compromise..

If I had an extra room in the house and some extra money, I would have considered the whole setup but unfortunately no money to spend on home theatre and projectors.. However the setup I heard cost about approx. 5 lakhs with the appropriate projector (did not ask which brand).

Attachments

• IMG-20171124-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20171124-WA0001.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG-20171124-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20171124-WA0005.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG-20171124-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20171124-WA0002.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG-20171124-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20171124-WA0004.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 103
I don't know but the ones I heard were all in wall whereas this seems like a regular speaker. Maybe this is another product line from the same brand.. It would be best to contact Ashish @Audio Nirvana for more details..

Thanks. Actually I meant it for you if you want to consider regular speakers. These have had good user reviews on the net.
Magna had initiated a group buy a while back.

Thank you sir but I am quite happy with my current setup.. I had gone to Audio Nirvana hoping to hear Focal Sopra and Jern loudspeakers of which the latter impressed me very much. However I want to go back again with my own music and then maybe write about them...The OEM speakers impressed me very much for what they do without intruding into the room and therefore I wrote about them... Would encourage everyone to go and listen to what they do if properly setup which now makes me look at my listening room again and make some changes...

So the Turnberry's turned out good it seems. How would you say they perform compared to the earlier harbeth's?

Excellent lower frequencies, fuller sound with much more details in the music.. The Harbeths win the midrange smoothness contest but there is much more clarity, bass extension and and overall more enjoyable sound with the Turnberry GR.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back