OLD turntable Vs. USB TT

RATHI

Hello,
I am a new member of this great family. Need some suggestions. I have an old HMV fiesta of my father. Currently I am using it.
I am planning to buy another TT. What should I consider? an used TT or a new USB TT?
Moreover, can I connect my 2.1 channel speaker with my HMV fiesta?

Hi Rathi,

Welcome, At any given day Used TT are best to start with Since they were produced when LP were in market, I dont see any special with USB TT (Just technology). Connecting TT to 2.1 is Sin, TT best when paired with Full range drivers \Stereo speakers.

In case you need 2.1 for sure, then Get Phono preamp,Take the input from TT to Preamp and connect the output from preamp to 2.1.

my point is, your HMV record player, with some repairs is good enough, why spend on a new and inferior TT

Could you please share some contacts, in Kolkata , where I can get used TT in reasonable price and also service.
And also some models of used TT , which I can get here in Kolkata?

Try Metro Music Hall, behind Metro movie theater. They usually have a decent stock of used tables. Bargain a bit.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back