OLED burn in issue

kiranjoshi7

Hello,
Is burn in very important issue in case of OLED TVs?
In other words if some one has budget to purchase LG OLED panel, should he refrain himself from going ahead with OLED due to issue of burn in?
What is the take of forum members on LG OLED burn in issue for day today regular viewing?
Regards

Keep it on standby for long before turning off. Turn off only in the nights.

My screen had issues twice, both under warranty.
Oh. Within how many years of purchase?
But facing such trouble after such premium purchase is not at all good for mental peace, isnt it?

Do TV companies honour warranty in case of burn in?
As the burn in issue falls under "damaged by customer " category, no companies will honour it. While getting demo of Sony Af8, i've checked the same with salesman on reliance digital. He simply said "Nope".

This means as of now purchasing OLED in India is NOT a good opion.
Big investment and risk of burn in with no warranty= You loose piece of mind.

Even I had burnin in 14months, and LG replaced the panel, they took just Rs1500/- for the labour...

Wow. Its good know that LG honoring their warranty against burn-in issues.
I'm not sure why the sales person from reliance digital conveyed me that burn-in issue(Sony AF8) not covered under warranty.
Is it Sony or reliance digital to blame ?

I own LG C8 4K 55in OLED superb clarity,no comparision to any of oled tv that is available in market today,cost Rs. 1.8L With 2 years
company warranty (1st yr full tv warranty the 2nd yr only on oled panel),i have taken 2 yrs additional warranty with reliance for 33k which is again fully body protection,so totally 4yrs warranty.

All the above 4yrs covers burn in/image retention issues.

LG OLED screens are used by Sony and Panasonic .

Ok so what’s the better deal. My OLED C8 comes with a 2 year warranty. Should I get additional 3 years from reliance from where I got the tv? Or from lg directly? Costing nearly the same.

I have heard from other fellow members that OLED panels like Plasma are suceptible to screen burning or image retention issues. It's unfortunate but it is true. So the best might not be a realistic plan would be to use this TV for watching only full screen contents without any logo like movies and use a LCD TV for watching regular TV programme. I have an old Samsung plasma TV that I use only for watching movies and I never had any image retention issue. Plasma screen really dazzles in a low light environment which is best suited for movies and I use it for that application only. You have to think on similar grounds when watching OLED TV, use it where you are able to maximize its performance.
Thanks

I have heard from other fellow members that OLED panels like Plasma are suceptible to screen burning or image retention issues. It's unfortunate but it is true. So the best might not be a realistic plan would be to use this TV for watching only full screen contents without any logo like movies and use a LCD TV for watching regular TV programme. I have an old Samsung plasma TV that I use only for watching movies and I never had any image retention issue. Plasma screen really dazzles in a low light environment which is best suited for movies and I use it for that application only. You have to think on similar grounds when watching OLED TV, use it where you are able to maximize its performance.
Thanks
What do you think, which one is better plasma or oled

Ok so what’s the better deal. My OLED C8 comes with a 2 year warranty. Should I get additional 3 years from reliance from where I got the tv? Or from lg directly? Costing nearly the same.

Chill no point spending 50-60k for the extended warranty, after 3-4 years you will want to change the tv anyways.

Cheers.

I have been using Panasonic plasma for the last 10 years. The primary source has been Tata sky since beginning and the TV is used for 3-4 hours or even more daily. Never experienced any image retention issues inspite of the static logo.
So I dont think the modern day OLEDs (which are basically next gen plasmas in terms of working principle) should face this issue given the technological advancements that have happened over the last 10 years.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back