OLED Tv ,65 inches LG C9. OR Panasonic 65XZ1000

mekr

I was looking to buy 65 inch TV, so auditioned Sony ,Samsung,Lg but because of good contrast & great blacks want to go for LG C9, but recent reviews Seems to have given 5 stars to Panasonic OLED Tv,s ,compariing to lg c9 being from santacruz Mumbai,and no electronic store in the vicinity has Panasonic OLED on display so I wish to know from my friends,if anyone has any experience with picture quality of Panasonic OLED tv,s, though on auditioning TV,s I found only these TV,s like Samsung Q90 or Sony 9500G as near about in picture display to OLED tv,s ,but than these are very expensive price wise for 65 inches,even more costlier than LG c9,
Thanks & hope to have your views

I was looking to buy 65 inch TV, so auditioned Sony ,Samsung,Lg but because of good contrast & great blacks want to go for LG C9, but recent reviews Seems to have given 5 stars to Panasonic OLED Tv,s ,compariing to lg c9 being from santacruz Mumbai,and no electronic store in the vicinity has Panasonic OLED on display so I wish to know from my friends,if anyone has any experience with picture quality of Panasonic OLED tv,s, though on auditioning TV,s I found only these TV,s like Samsung Q90 or Sony 9500G as near about in picture display to OLED tv,s ,but than these are very expensive price wise for 65 inches,even more costlier than LG c9,

Panasonic hasn't launched their 2019 range. Go for C9. It's among the best OLEDs. Differences are mostly minor only. In a blind shootout, C9 held its own even against GZ2000, which is the best OLED yet. Plus, HDMI 2.1, which is super helpful if you're a gamer. 9500G isn't even close to an OLED. No FALD set with 50 zones can match an OLED. 500, maybe. 50. No chance! Just google X900F blooming. That's the last year's model, but they are almost the same.

Go for C9. Not sure about Panasonic commitment to Indian market. C9 is a pure delight to watch every day.

I owned a 55FZ950d that developed a fault (within 24 hours) for 3 weeks and an LG C9. Ill just stick to the noticeable picture differences
Advantage Panasonic
Brighter (shouldnt matter) and Whiter Whites(does matter when compared side by side). The LG has yellower whites but not noticeable alone
Better motion. There was an update that was released in September that i thought made the TV the best in terms of motion that i had ever seen. There is a very rare microstutter thats improved quite a bit. But i dont see anyone losing anything even with the C9, simply because i think they made significant improvements there. The motion on the C8 from last year was unbearable
Shadow detail- The Panasonic simply preserves details better in dark scenes no matter what adjustments i made to the C9
This is the piece i miss most

Advantage C9-
Much better than the Panasonic in terms of banding. This is just so obvious and not surprising that the TV shootouts out there observed it on this year's expensive GZ2000

Punchier-. I felt some of the internal apps (Prime) and feeds through the PC (8 bit RGB-Full) and PS4 (RGB)to the Panny were quite washed out except for Youtube. Surprising since the LG with the same settings looked better
The rest of the picture differences out there on the net are just minute as far as im concerned

I honestly dont think going Panasonic would be advisable given my experience. That warranty you'd get is just namesake. I was just lucky that it developed a fault in 24 hours but it took the dealer 3 weeks to get an approval from Panasonic for a replacement from another brand

Thanks to each & everyone who replied
I was also of the opinion either to go for LG or Sony ,but Sony is very expensive & LG is value for money.
Gappa ,,,I have been offered LG C9 65 inches for around 2 lacs
Regarding Panasonic oled TV,s ,I am not aware of anything,,but saw ad about,OLED tv,s being tuned by Hollywood film director & also price wise,it is near about to LG C9,so thought to take opinion of fellow forum members
Regarding pany tv,s ,company has issues with even LED tv,s ,a family member had Panasonic led tv,which developed a thin hairline crack in panel after 3 years of use & had to be discarded, even extended warranty for 3 years after 1 year company warranty,pany is asking for 1lac 30k ,which is exhorbitant ridiculous
Currently ,I am owning LG IPS 49 inches tv bought about 5 years back, though before buying the current tv ,I had reservations about LG,s long term quality ,but uptil now no issues,tv is working perfectly.
Regards

Does not LG provide OLED panels to panasonic, sony etc.
Also i dont know if thats true but flipkart shows c9 has 50hz refresh rate compared to b8 and c8. Can someone shed more light on this?

Does not LG provide OLED panels to panasonic, sony etc.
Also i dont know if thats true but flipkart shows c9 has 50hz refresh rate compared to b8 and c8. Can someone shed more light on this?
Specifications are always better to check in the brands official website rather than checking any e-commerce sites where the info is sometimes incomplete or incorrect!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back