One More LP Seller in Delhi

jls001

Continuing here from my old earlier thread: http://www.hifivision.com/phono-turntables/9364-got-new-pioneer-pl-200-turntable-2.html

Update:
One more LP seller in Delhi:
Mr Anil Agarwal, F 26, Gali No 7, Mangal Bazar, Vijay Chowk, Laxmi Nagar, 92681774407

He has a huge stockpile of Hindi records (including very rare ones, as per him) and a fairly large collection of western classical records in very good condition. I picked up almost half a ton of western classicals and some pop yesterday. He has a very good classical boxed set of 12 boxes (each containing 5 records). Very, very attractive. I ran out of cash and anyway it was way beyond my carrying capability. The best part is he has flat and fair pricing - no differential pricing unlike most other LP walas I know.

Also for those on the lookout for a preamp, he has a vintage Akai pre-amp. I forgot the model number. Besides the usual line level inputs, the phono stage has adjustment for impedance loading on the front panel and capacitance adjustment on the rear. There were two inputs for phono so I am guessing it supports both MM and MC. I seriously believe this preamp is worth checking out. Minor scratches on top cover.

He also had a Technics SL-D212 TT. Didn't ask him prices.
Joshua

Continuing here from my old earlier thread: http://www.hifivision.com/phono-turntables/9364-got-new-pioneer-pl-200-turntable-2.html

Update:
One more LP seller in Delhi:
Mr Anil Agarwal, F 26, Gali No 7, Mangal Bazar, Vijay Chowk, Laxmi Nagar, 92681774407

He has a huge stockpile of Hindi records (including very rare ones, as per him) and a fairly large collection of western classical records in very good condition. I picked up almost half a ton of western classicals and some pop yesterday. He has a very good classical boxed set of 12 boxes (each containing 5 records). Very, very attractive. I ran out of cash and anyway it was way beyond my carrying capability. The best part is he has flat and fair pricing - no differential pricing unlike most other LP walas I know.

Also for those on the lookout for a preamp, he has a vintage Akai pre-amp. I forgot the model number. Besides the usual line level inputs, the phono stage has adjustment for impedance loading on the front panel and capacitance adjustment on the rear. There were two inputs for phono so I am guessing it supports both MM and MC. I seriously believe this preamp is worth checking out. Minor scratches on top cover.

He also had a Technics SL-D212 TT. Didn't ask him prices.
Joshua

Hi,

Can he ship Lps?

Regards,

Sachin

Hi Joshua,

You said he has a flat and fair price policy. Could you please share how much he charges for hindi LPs and for English/Western Classical LPs.

It would be good to know such information in advance. I plan to visit him on Sunday (28 Nov).

Thanks for sharing this very useful contact. Great service to HFV members.

Cheers

Viraj

Hi Joshua,

Could you please confirm the cell number of MR. Aggarwal once again. The one you have listed has 11 digits, hence the query.

Thanks

Viraj

Shipping: don't know if he'll ship. You need to ask him. He doesn't keep a catalogue. So I don't know how you will tell him which LPs to send you. Also, there is the small matter of whether the record is in good condition. It is the buyer's prerogative to check it:)

Price: 100 flat.

Mobile number: sorry for the extra digit. It is 9268174407.
Joshua

PS: Mumbai buyers, here's the number and address of Jitendrabhai:
2, Sai Sadan, Ashok Van, Behind Chintamani Plaza Building, Near Hanuman Temple, Borivali East. 9224055231

Directions: assume you are going on the Western Express Highway from Kandivali. Cross the Borivali flyover, then cross the Sanjay Gandhi National Park flyover also. On the next flyover, take right from below flyover. Go straight. You will come to a 4-way junction where you will get the Hanuman Temple mentioned above. Call him from there, he'll reach in 2 mins. All the best.

I picked up some 30 LPs, two 45 rpms (baksheesh, actually), & 12 CDs. He's got tons of Hindustani classical (300 bucks), normal English (100 bucks), Hindi movie LPs (didn't ask), specials like Beatles (300 bucks), CDs 50 bucks. Right now, he has mostly 70s and 80s (and even older) pop titles. No western classical. He also has 78 rpms.

He also has a Cosmic TT and a Garrard 6.200C. Both costing about 6.5K.

Hi Joshua,

You said he has a flat and fair price policy. Could you please share how much he charges for hindi LPs and for English/Western Classical LPs.

It would be good to know such information in advance. I plan to visit him on Sunday (28 Nov).

Thanks for sharing this very useful contact. Great service to HFV members.

Cheers

Viraj

Hi Viraj,

Did you visit this LP seller? and can you please share your experience with us?

Thanks

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back