One More Victim Of Snapdeal.Used & Defective TV

supergenius

I purchased a philips 32 inch 3D LED Tv model number 32PFL7977/v7 vide order ID xxxxxx1003 dated 06-march-2014 from snapdeal.com.TV was sent by GATI courier and reached my home on 14-march-2014.It was shabbily packed in the box which was not meant for model number 7977 but for 69xx series.I immediately became suspicious,whether i have received the right TV or the TV of another series have arrived,i immediately opened the box to check the model number of TV.I was shocked to see a very ugly TV,full of dust and nuts and bolts spread here and there in the box,though inside model of the TV was 7977,Right on the first sight TV was looking used.I checked the serial no..I found a sticker having serial number 1110121119003500103,imposed on a philips sticker already on the back of TV and there was another sticker on the outside of box on a little slip having serial number 110613119003501480.neither TV or box have any information regarding manufacturing date.I immediately raised complaint via email to snapdeal saying TV seems to be used.no immediate reply came ,just an acknowlegdement next day .i was suspicious of its functioning too,Next day i checked,the working of TV,as .I was terribly shocked to see a big black line on the LED screen,after I switched it on.LED screen is defective.And as far as my knowledge of electronics,a very serious defect in TV.
On the invoice seller was ADITH Electronics,hyderabad,and he probably knew that he is sending a defective & used Tv,thats why he changed the original box and imposed fake serial numbers.But what I have done to deserve this.I paid them money in full faith and received a used,defective and unsealed TV.I have lodged another complaint to snapdeal customer care [email protected].i've received the acknowlegdement of complaint.whether it will be rightly and timely addressed,i do not know.so i'm an another victim of snapdeal,If you are going to buy from snapdeal or any other online site,mind it it happened to me as well as many others,it could happen to you as well.Beaware...

Seriously what made you to end up in buying TV from Snapdeal ????

Looks like visiting a TV dealer's store was harder than ordering a TV from snapdeal.

Things like this event are no doubt frustrating and horrible. My sympathy with you.

Last edited:
I have purchased from almost a dozen online sites. What I have experienced is that the seller looks for the location of the customer. If you are from a remote place or somewhere they don't get to do much business, they cheat you.

I guess it's the sellers that are the culprits and not the sites.

I have received immensely scratched and fake CDs more than once. One from IB, 600024 and FK (original cd but scratched). 600024 personal asked me to courier it back.

Later, I called 600024 customer care (same guy picks up the phone every time). I am always polite while talking to customer care people no matter how angry I am.

After 2 weeks of numerous calls, 600024 guy tells me the product is no longer available and my money is in my account wallet. The 'no longer available' item was (probably is) available as long as I checked.

I must say that the rest of the items I received from 600024 was good. Same goes for IB too. Rest of the CDs were good.

IB straightaway put my cash in my account wallet. FK sent me another copy of the same cd free of cost:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Very Sorry to hear that. Really, It is a frightening incident. Go for the consumer court case. In that way atleast you will get your money back.

Indian Online sites are still to win customer trust, especially for bigger things like tv. Further, no matter how trust worthy a site is, product like TV, expensive electronic items should be purchased locally.

Seriously what made you to end up in buying TV from Snapdeal ????

Looks like visiting a TV dealer's store was harder than ordering a TV from snapdeal.

Things like this event are no doubt frustrating and horrible. My sympathy with you.

Sir,i would like to clarify your points a:- I'm a compulsive online shopper,I like to buy things online rather than offline.And answer to why i choose snapdeal,i'd purchased a philips 22 inch TV from snapdeal about 3 months back,i faced no problem either with TV or snapdeal.this good experience prompted me to buy another one,and more this philips 3D 7977 model which i ordered now from snapdeal,is the cheap and the best 3D model,snapdeal price of 33k for a full HD,3D Tv was quite alluring to buy.And to your last point why i did not go to showroom,there is no philips showroom or dealer in my city shimla.only way to buy a philips TV is either to go to chanddigarh,or order it online.Many thanks for your sympathy.i received an email from snapdeal about an hour ago to send photos of defective TV,which i have sent them.let us see how they resolve my complaint.

If things don't go well, register a complaint at consumer court. Keep all the details and bills with you intact.

sir,many thanks for your nice sympathetic words,i've sent snapdeal photos of "used & defective tv" which i received.let us see how they respond.i'll update here everything.if things will not go well.I'll take appropriate legal route to address my complaint.thanks

I purchased a philips 32 inch 3D LED Tv model number 32PFL7977/v7 vide order ID xxxxxx1003 dated 06-march-2014 from snapdeal.com.TV was sent by GATI courier and reached my home on 14-march-2014.It was shabbily packed in the box which was not meant for model number 7977 but for 69xx series.I immediately became suspicious,whether i have received the right TV or the TV of another series have arrived,i immediately opened the box to check the model number of TV.I was shocked to see a very ugly TV,full of dust and nuts and bolts spread here and there in the box,though inside model of the TV was 7977,Right on the first sight TV was looking used.I checked the serial no..I found a sticker having serial number 1110121119003500103,imposed on a philips sticker already on the back of TV and there was another sticker on the outside of box on a little slip having serial number 110613119003501480.neither TV or box have any information regarding manufacturing date.I immediately raised complaint via email to snapdeal saying TV seems to be used.no immediate reply came ,just an acknowlegdement next day .i was suspicious of its functioning too,Next day i checked,the working of TV,as .I was terribly shocked to see a big black line on the LED screen,after I switched it on.LED screen is defective.And as far as my knowledge of electronics,a very serious defect in TV.
On the invoice seller was ADITH Electronics,hyderabad,and he probably knew that he is sending a defective & used Tv,thats why he changed the original box and imposed fake serial numbers.But what I have done to deserve this.I paid them money in full faith and received a used,defective and unsealed TV.I have lodged another complaint to snapdeal customer care [email protected].i've received the acknowlegdement of complaint.whether it will be rightly and timely addressed,i do not know.so i'm an another victim of snapdeal,If you are going to buy from snapdeal or any other online site,mind it it happened to me as well as many others,it could happen to you as well.Beaware...

i dont wanna add to your pain.. but really . .you ordered a TV online i India .. above all from Snapdeal ?? also you are in shimla and seller in HYD.

now that the TV is not new and have issues. take screenshots of the order you made and click as many pictures with the packaging and the receipts etc. basically whatever you can and file a complaint in consumer court if the complaint is not responded.

Sorry to hear such issues from your end. We will find plenty of victims of snapdeal here. First try to negotiate with the seller/ snapdeal to get a full refund/ new TV. If they agree, you will be luckier as it will save some time but you will not be compensated for your sufferings.

However, if you are planning to take the seller/ snapdeal to the court, you will surely get a fresh tv/ refund with some decent amount of compensation. Only problem is that it can be time consuming and might have to pay for some legal expenses. Anyways, if you are planning to sue the seller, please go through this thread. It might help you.

Let the snapdeal people revert back to you and see if they offer a resolution to the problem. Last month, I purchased a few items from snapdeal. Out of those one was a USB modem. The seller actually sent a USB wifi dongle in place of the modem which was of about half the price. I called up snapdeal and put up the issue with them. They also asked me to mail the pictures of the incorrect product received. Then they sent their logistic partner to collect it from me. I had to pack the item, but finally they replaced the item and sent me the correct product.
Hence, give them time to correct their mistake...I wish your problem is solved easily without the hassles of fighting the matter in court.
Goodluck

Saket

[/QUOTE]
Hence, give them time to correct their mistake...I wish your problem is solved easily without the hassles of fighting the matter in court.
Goodluck

Saket[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100% ,thanks

Last edited:
Hi supergenius

Sad to hear the ordeal you faced....lesson learnt from online shopping websites is before any purchase, check the seller details (background) most importantly service levels and complaints logged by any user......small checks like these would help you to minimise any unseen risks.

All the best....hope your issue gets resolved without extra efforts and waste of precious time

Update of my agony.I sent photographs of my defective TV on 18th march to snapdeal customer service.Today is 22nd march,not even a single reply from snapdeal.In this age of IT,it is strange no reply for 4 days,despite my reminder yesterday.Pathetic indeed.....crapdeal....

UPDATE: After i posted a review on mouthshut.com,almost a daily query about the status from snapdeal customercare.And at last "used and defective TV" reverse picked up by snapdeal logistic partner on 01-04-2014.After it will reach their store.refund/replacement process will begin.

UPDATE: After i posted a review on mouthshut.com,almost a daily query about the status from snapdeal customercare.And at last "used and defective TV" reverse picked up by snapdeal logistic partner on 01-04-2014.After it will reach their store.refund/replacement process will begin.
great...congrats...

A good example for other folks who keep asking about purchasing TV online. They should learn from this experience and never try ordering Tv's online. This should probably made a sticky. As ordering Tv online is one of the most common questions folks ask these days.

Once you get your refund, visit couple of stores and buy from the one who gives you the best price and peace of mind.

A good example for other folks who keep asking about purchasing TV online. They should learn from this experience and never try ordering Tv's online. This should probably made a sticky. As ordering Tv online is one of the most common questions folks ask these days.

Once you get your refund, visit couple of stores and buy from the one who gives you the best price and peace of mind.

Not necessarily, you can always buy from sellers with good feedback. I prefer Ebay over snapdeal.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back