One Plus TV is coming ! What are your expectations ?

bitanshudas

So the Oneplus TV would be launched next month in India (So excited!!). As per the leaks, we already know the Chipset MediaTek MT5670 with graphics processor Mali-G51, 3 GB RAM and a 55" QLED screen and most probably Dolby Vision and Atmos Support alongwith with HDR10.

So what are your expectations from this TV ?
1. How does its chipset and processor compares to those of LG (Alpha 9), Samsung (Quantum 4K) and Sony (X1 Ultimate)?
2. How will be the upscaling of the 480p and 720p on this TV? I have personally found the Samsung's upscaling fantastic this year.
3. Will it break the 1000 nits brightness window for optimal HDR image?
4. Will it be a FALD or ELED?
5. How will it's contrast be compared to Samsung's Q70 / Q80 and Q90R. Or even the last year's Q8FN which wasnt launched in India.
6. How will its motion handling be?
7. What should be the price of this? I am expecting around 1 lac.
8. Will its release mean we might see huge discounts on the LG, Samsung and Sony TV during the festive season ?

One this we can expect is a great interface!

So the Oneplus TV would be launched next month in India (So excited!!). As per the leaks, we already know the Chipset MediaTek MT5670 with graphics processor Mali-G51, 3 GB RAM and a 55" QLED screen and most probably Dolby Vision and Atmos Support alongwith with HDR10.

So what are your expectations from this TV ?
1. How does its chipset and processor compares to those of LG (Alpha 9), Samsung (Quantum 4K) and Sony (X1 Ultimate)?
2. How will be the upscaling of the 480p and 720p on this TV? I have personally found the Samsung's upscaling fantastic this year.
3. Will it break the 1000 nits brightness window for optimal HDR image?
4. Will it be a FALD or ELED?
5. How will it's contrast be compared to Samsung's Q70 / Q80 and Q90R. Or even the last year's Q8FN which wasnt launched in India.
6. How will its motion handling be?
7. What should be the price of this? I am expecting around 1 lac.
8. Will its release mean we might see huge discounts on the LG, Samsung and Sony TV during the festive season ?

One this we can expect is a great interface!

SoC / chipset and picture processor (LG (Alpha 9), Samsung (Quantum 4K) and Sony (X1 Ultimate)) are different.

Sony and Phillips android TVs uses chipsets from Mediatek. Picture quality and upscaling capabilities are dependent on picture processors (Sony X1 Ultimate etc)

I would say, OnePlus are new to the TV business, they may need more time to perfect their product. Producing Mobile displays and then making large size panels is a totally different ball game. Just look at Sony for instance. Leader in TV business, not so in the mobile market. My guess is this release can be regarded as v1 and the next release will be a true competitor to Samsung, Sony and LG.

Their first phone when it came, it was tagged as 'Flagship killer'. Are they going to have the same kinda product in TVs too? A flagship killer??

Tag lines are commercials. Nothing about a OnePlus is flagship. Same will be with their TV's.

So far i have not seen anything unique in oneplus tv. Only price can save him otherwise it will be disater like jio fibar.

New information ... two models will be launched..q1 and q1pro.

Really eager...
Is there any credible info about there being 2 models ?? So far i have seen people speculating 2 models bcz the box leaked with price had q1 pro written on it.

I also don't believe on them...this is from tweet of ishan agrawal...first to crack the news of oneplus tv launch ..

Leaked specs show it has upto 90 local dimming zones. So that means it should be a FALD set. Looks promising in that case.

Ah! That's good then. If priced at 70-80k, then it will be a good deal as per the Indian scenario.

Leaked specs show it has upto 90 local dimming zones. So that means it should be a FALD set. Looks promising in that case.

Although, knowing that DX902 had 512 dimming zones, and since then, instead of improving, FALD sets have regressed, it's again underwhelming. I hope TCL launches their mini-led sets next year in India too.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back