One Portable / All in one to rule them all !!

SatMumbai

Hopefully, now I have got your attention by using LOTR, let me get quickly to what I am talking about. And a bit of brief history to have the relevance / reference in place!
I wrote elsewhere that this hobby is where a lot of my free time goes but strangely I ignored the all in one / portable speaker market for various reasons (mainly I never needed one).
So when my wife asked one for herself, we quickly got rid of the Bose SoundDock and moved on to B&W Zeppelin and then to Zeppelin Air.
Zeppelin-Air-C4lc_bg.jpg

It was good but my search ended then and there. Wife enjoys her music through Zeppelin Air and once in a while I get to hear it, impressed by the dynamics and depth from a small system for few minutes but quickly moved on to main system for actual listening.

Been travelling a lot recently and so decided to have some thing that is truly portable and tried several options. Of all the things that I tried, I finally bought

Marantz Consolette
marantz_consolette_header.jpg

UE Boom
ue-boom-360-degree-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-1.jpg

and the ruler of them all Libratone Zipp!
dsc03742-1348615967.jpg

If any one managed to read till here and does not want to get in details, then my suggestion is get the Zipp and forget everything else.
And coming to details, Zipp does what it says it will do and in a mind blowing way. I have run several back to back comparisons between Zipp and Consolette as well as Zipp and Zeppelin Air, the conclusions have been always the same. In A, B comparison Zipp lost every single time by a huge margin. Not just me, to any body I played them, all of them told in one single nod that Zeppelin Air is better or Consolette is better.
Given any day, if I have to chose only one between the three, it will be the Zipp! Now coming to why, this is where all the In-Store auditions fail and I rather have the equipment on loan at home for a week to gauge and this can not be emphasised any more in this case. When the other speakers are able to resolve details, after a bit long-ish listening they get slightly fatiguing and do not have the PRAT so right but with Zipp, everything falls in place in one piece. You give it any fast paced music, it just makes your foot tap and if there are vocals it does a decent job. The bass is respectable and completely tight.
tweeter.jpg

That ribbon tweeter is amazing! Airplay is seamless. Also, it costs much less than the others. It is got a battery and is reasonably portable. If there is a con, then it would be the very minute coarseness in treble and may be only I find this because I am sensitive to high frequencies but it is more open and airy than the common dome tweeters so the implementation in Zipp is way better.

When it comes to UE Boom, it is a much smaller version of Zipp so it is fine for thos ultra portable times but Zipp it is for most of the cases!!

Hopefully, now I have got your attention by using LOTR, let me get quickly to what I am talking about. And a bit of brief history to have the relevance / reference in place!
I wrote elsewhere that this hobby is where a lot of my free time goes but strangely I ignored the all in one / portable speaker market for various reasons (mainly I never needed one).
So when my wife asked one for herself, we quickly got rid of the Bose SoundDock and moved on to B&W Zeppelin and then to Zeppelin Air.
Zeppelin-Air-C4lc_bg.jpg

It was good but my search ended then and there. Wife enjoys her music through Zeppelin Air and once in a while I get to hear it, impressed by the dynamics and depth from a small system for few minutes but quickly moved on to main system for actual listening.

Been travelling a lot recently and so decided to have some thing that is truly portable and tried several options. Of all the things that I tried, I finally bought

Marantz Consolette
marantz_consolette_header.jpg

UE Boom
ue-boom-360-degree-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-1.jpg

and the ruler of them all Libratone Zipp!
dsc03742-1348615967.jpg

If any one managed to read till here and does not want to get in details, then my suggestion is get the Zipp and forget everything else.
And coming to details, Zipp does what it says it will do and in a mind blowing way. I have run several back to back comparisons between Zipp and Consolette as well as Zipp and Zeppelin Air, the conclusions have been always the same. In A, B comparison Zipp lost every single time by a huge margin. Not just me, to any body I played them, all of them told in one single nod that Zeppelin Air is better or Consolette is better.
Given any day, if I have to chose only one between the three, it will be the Zipp! Now coming to why, this is where all the In-Store auditions fail and I rather have the equipment on loan at home for a week to gauge and this can not be emphasised any more in this case. When the other speakers are able to resolve details, after a bit long-ish listening they get slightly fatiguing and do not have the PRAT so right but with Zipp, everything falls in place in one piece. You give it any fast paced music, it just makes your foot tap and if there are vocals it does a decent job. The bass is respectable and completely tight.
tweeter.jpg

That ribbon tweeter is amazing! Airplay is seamless. Also, it costs much less than the others. It is got a battery and is reasonably portable. If there is a con, then it would be the very minute coarseness in treble and may be only I find this because I am sensitive to high frequencies but it is more open and airy than the common dome tweeters so the implementation in Zipp is way better.

When it comes to UE Boom, it is a much smaller version of Zipp so it is fine for thos ultra portable times but Zipp it is for most of the cases!!

Just seeing the Zeppelin,
I am thinking of the version of iPhone.
Now the latest is iPhone 6.
But zeppelin can't be used.
I found a good way to connect zeppelin with iPhone 6 or later version higher.
It is free to get connection.

%E8%9E%A2%E5%B9%95%E5%BF%AB%E7%85%A7%202015-01-27%20%E4%B8%8A%E5%8D%8811.15.38.png

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back