Onkyo 3100 for 17k, need help in deciding.

xbox360

Guys need help on buying a home theater --
1) I have a 42inch LCD which i use primarily with my XBOX and also occasionally watch movies with the family. The TV is in my living room or approx 12' X 15' dimensions which is open on one side.
2) Since i bought the TV there is an unexplainable bug biting me to buy a home theater for which i am mentally not prepared to spend more than 1/3rd of that i paid for my TV (which was around 70k)
3) I came across a deal on E-Zone where they are offering the Onkyo 3100 at 17k and are offering some free stuff like 12 movie tickets (what an irony, a home theater that drives you to the movie theater :) ) and a mobile phone with MRP of around 4k. The other deal i came across was on the Yamaha YHT-292 which is around 22k with again some goodies like a trael bag and a gift coupon.
4) Can you tell me if any of these deals is worth going in for, or do you suggest i wait it out another year or plan to pick up something in my next trip to the US (downsides would be no warranty in India, hauling the large/bulky components and then having to buy a voltage converter for the 110V). Or if you think that the best option is to spray some Hit on this bug and lay it to rest as nothing worthwhile can land in this budget, then this too will be a valuable input :).

Thanks.

Guys need help on buying a home theater --
1) I have a 42inch LCD which i use primarily with my XBOX and also occasionally watch movies with the family. The TV is in my living room or approx 12' X 15' dimensions which is open on one side.
2) Since i bought the TV there is an unexplainable bug biting me to buy a home theater for which i am mentally not prepared to spend more than 1/3rd of that i paid for my TV (which was around 70k)
3) I came across a deal on E-Zone where they are offering the Onkyo 3100 at 17k and are offering some free stuff like 12 movie tickets (what an irony, a home theater that drives you to the movie theater :) ) and a mobile phone with MRP of around 4k. The other deal i came across was on the Yamaha YHT-292 which is around 22k with again some goodies like a trael bag and a gift coupon.
4) Can you tell me if any of these deals is worth going in for, or do you suggest i wait it out another year or plan to pick up something in my next trip to the US (downsides would be no warranty in India, hauling the large/bulky components and then having to buy a voltage converter for the 110V). Or if you think that the best option is to spray some Hit on this bug and lay it to rest as nothing worthwhile can land in this budget, then this too will be a valuable input :).

Thanks.

From your post you seem to be ok with 17 - 22k budgets... I would say leave both of them and go for Onkyo 3300 .... Pretty sure it is much better than both models mentioned above... There is lot of discussion in the forum about 3300 . Please search and decide.

Kittu

From your post you seem to be ok with 17 - 22k budgets... I would say leave both of them and go for Onkyo 3300 .... Pretty sure it is much better than both models mentioned above... There is lot of discussion in the forum about 3300 . Please search and decide.

Kittu

Thanks Kittu. onemore question, is the Onkyo 5205 again miles ahead of the 3300? I am asking because someone called me and offered the 5205 for 28k with some freebies too. I think i may be able to bargain this down a bit.
HYD guys -- can you tell me the best quote that you have received for the Onkyo 3300 and 5205 and provide the contact details.

Thanks.

Last edited:
i will find the best quote for 3300 and update tomm..

however 3100 is good deal for 17 k with freebies and also chk for logi-z5500 for 15k
however 3300 can decode dts-hd and more.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back