Onkyo 3500 + Samsung LED + TataSky HD Plus SPDIF issue.

harshs23

Received the booked 3500 today, having issues getting sound from TataSky HD Plus over SPDIF.

Let me explain -

Was using a standby system from the dealer, which was a HTS3200, my connections were as follows -

AVR HDMI out to TV HDMI1/DVI port
TataSky HD Plus HDMI to AVR HDMI in.
TV Optical out to AVR Optical in. (Optical input selected in AVR menu)
Other devices like media player, PC - HDMI to AVR HDMI's in
Media player Optical to AVR 2nd Optical in

With the following setup, I was able to receive sound over SPDIF from the TV, TataSky HD Plus and media player.

I have made the same exact connection for the new 3500 but am unable to get sound over SPDIF from TataSky HD Plus, the TV's inbuilt media player via USB is able to deliver sound over SPDIF but TataSky HD Plus is unable to.

Have tried everything I could think of or googled, could anyone please help me out with this, it's driving me nuts.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

you have 2 Optical and 1 Coaxial........use Coaxial one if its there in TSHD +.......i have TataSky HD and have connected by AVR through Coaxial Optical Audio Cable.

Re: AVR Denon 2313 + Samsung LED + TataSky HD Plus Connection issue.

Hello , I have the denon avr 2313. TataSky HD PLus, Samsung LED.
I am confused I have read some people are telling me to use HDMI to connect and get 7.1 if it exist with tata sky. SOme people are telling me use HDMI for video or use Optical or coaxial for the sound from tata sky to avr.

So what should I use to get best results and which has worked for you?
When I installed Tatasky Plus HD a while back the tech engineer was told by his boss that ask customers to use optical not HDMI. That was in 2011 now its 2012 any updates? My receiver coming in today! :D

1) AVR to TataSky - HDMI ?
2) AVR to TataSky - HDMI with coaxial sound ?
3) AVR to TataSky - HDMI with optical sound ?

:sad:

Rgd,
Mek

I think Tatasky HD supports 5.1 through HDMI. So the first connection method is simpler as it needs only one cable. But you need to have the AVR always ON or in standby mode to view the channels. If you don't want to use AVR all the time then use hdmi directly with TV and optical/coaxial out of STB to AVR. This way you can use AVR only when you want to enjoy 5.1.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back