Onkyo 609 with elac speakers

chandramohanrc

Friends,
This is my first Post
I am planning to Buy TX-NR609. Also, I have been offered ELAC 50.2 TOWER SPEAKER + Elac Sub woofer(powered) with Elac center and sorround speakers
for 1.20K in chennai.

Your views please. Can I get it cheaper any where in chennai.
What about the Quality of the speakers.

I have auditioned the ELAC's BS and FS speakers. I was offered Elac FS 58.2 for 40K and Elac BS 53.2 for 20K.

I liked both the speakers especially the FS speakers, I never returned for a bargain for the speakers because I found the Wharfedale 9.5 better suited to my ears.

The 609 will be imported by you, right?

I have auditioned ELAC speakers , they produced little bit forwarded sound. and very good build quality

Friends,
This is my first Post
I am planning to Buy TX-NR609. Also, I have been offered ELAC 50.2 TOWER SPEAKER + Elac Sub woofer(powered) with Elac center and sorround speakers
for 1.20K in chennai.

Your views please. Can I get it cheaper any where in chennai.
What about the Quality of the speakers.

Is the price 1.20K (=1200) or something missing?:rolleyes:

1.2L - Includes onkyo 609 + 5.1 speakers(elac58.2+BS53+CC51+ESP50)
Now say, if this is a Good Deal or not.
Also,let me know ,if there are any other good Speaker dealers on Par with Elac,like Energy, MK,JAMO,POLK etc.
I am also thinking of building my system phase by phase, with AVR+FS first, and then,adding other speakers later.

I had auditioned them in Delhi at C R Park. If you are ready to spend 120K, why not look at Klipsch, they have launched a new series (I think reference).

you can look at EPOS, they will be good in your budget and then the usual suspects like MS Aviano 6, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5, 10 series is there.

You have a good budget in hand, you can get some very good stuff in that amount. Also, check the model for Onkyo, 609 model has not been officially launched yet, it might be the 608 model.

Last edited:
Go for it.. I have a 7.1 elac setup with the FS58. I have been using it with the SR503 for about 6.5 yrs untill recently I upgrade the avr to denon 2311.

1.2L - Includes onkyo 609 + 5.1 speakers(elac58.2+BS53+CC51+ESP50)
Now say, if this is a Good Deal or not.
Also,let me know ,if there are any other good Speaker dealers on Par with Elac,like Energy, MK,JAMO,POLK etc.
I am also thinking of building my system phase by phase, with AVR+FS first, and then,adding other speakers later.

i've been offered following pkg for 90k
Elac FS57+BS52+CC51+Sub50 with Dennon 1311 AVR.
82K after discount.

is this a good price?

Do we have any dealers for KLIPSHC SPEAKERS in chennai. I want to knowthe price and audition them also.
I auditioned Energy speakers.
609 + ENERGY 7.1 = 1.35 L is the offer given to me.
Your suggestion please

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and I have been wanting to get myself a decent HT system. I have been introduced the Elac 58.2 FS speakers and I was wondering if they are great speakers?
Unfortunately, there are not a single store that carry them here, so, i cant auditioned them at all.

AFAIK , the Elacs are rated at 4ohm impedance whereas the onkyo 609 is rated at 6 ohms min.
The Elacs i auditioned were FS58.2 , and i found them forward and very detailed. I was offered the pair for 45K (MRP) , Modern World, Bangalore.

AFAIK , the Elacs are rated at 4ohm impedance whereas the onkyo 609 is rated at 6 ohms min.
The Elacs i auditioned were FS58.2 , and i found them forward and very detailed. I was offered the pair for 45K (MRP) , Modern World, Bangalore.

Thanks Jake for the info. It's just hard when you can hear it. Is the bass quite tight sounded and do you have place your speakers quite far away from the wall or not... like say 20-30cm away?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back