Onkyo HTS-3400 review please

baijuxavior

Hi all!
Has anybody in the forum bought the new Onkyo HTS-3400? If so please post a review, price etc. Also is the product available in Kerala? :licklips:

Hey Guys, I had a chat with Onkyo dealer in Gurgaon today. He said that MRP is 33K but i can get it in 25K which i think is not a bad deal.

I guess price would be around same in other cities also, a couple of thousands less or more.

Thanks,
Vikram

@vikram, which dealer did you speak with in Gurgaon? Also, when do you plan to buy? Are you interested in the 3300 or the 3400?

Did we notice any other major difference in both the units other than the extra HDMI in 3400?

Let me know your plans, may be I can join in your purchase as well.

Hey, m not in a plan to buy this Onkyo system. I already have Yamaha v367 plus 8900 Speakers. I am planning to sell my system and if i get a good value for it then may be i can go for Onkyo.

This Onkyo Authorized dealer is in Metropolitian Mall Gurgaon on the 2nd Floor. There are other shops also like Yamaha, Bose, JBL etc. Go to Onkyo's site and you can get the Dealers number. May be a lil more bargain and you can get a really gud deal.

Cheers..!!

Well this is mainly because, in our attempt to get better and better deals, we do get some dealers to give in group deal rates. However, those dealers don't want the market to know about the cheaper rates they have agreed to give for the Group buy.

If its a single unit price from any shop/ dealer, we can go ahead and post the prices and dealers and discuss them openly, but not the same for better group buy prices. They don't want any heat from fellow distributors.

Well this is mainly because, in our attempt to get better and better deals, we do get some dealers to give in group deal rates. However, those dealers don't want the market to know about the cheaper rates they have agreed to give for the Group buy.

If its a single unit price from any shop/ dealer, we can go ahead and post the prices and dealers and discuss them openly, but not the same for better group buy prices. They don't want any heat from fellow distributors.

I got a single unit of Onkyo HT-S3400 for Rs.22,500/- from Vijay Sales, Goregaon(E), Mumbai.

That's a very good price you got. I think the NCR price is around 23500 - 24000 for HT 3400.

Enjoy your buy, how're you liking it so far?

I got a single unit of Onkyo HT-S3400 for Rs.22,500/- from Vijay Sales, Goregaon(E), Mumbai.

That's a very good price you got. I think the NCR price is around 23500 - 24000 for HT 3400.

Enjoy your buy, how're you liking it so far?

That is a good price indeed.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Please share your impressions on the product.

Cheers!!!

Initially music does not sound good. But made few changes in settings and then liked the music. I played flac files using O!Play HD2.

Movie experience is very good.

I cannot give detailed review as I just tested for 2 hours and then packed for sending to my native.

When you play flac using O!Play HD2 connected to the Onkyo receiver using HDMI..Do you lose the initial 1-2 seconds of the song ? Because I do...and its irritating !!

When you play flac using O!Play HD2 connected to the Onkyo receiver using HDMI..Do you lose the initial 1-2 seconds of the song ? Because I do...and its irritating !!

I played exactly as you mentioned. But did not loose anything. It did not play FLAC for me until I upgraded the firmware. Check if you upgraded your firmware to current one (Ver 1.15 released on 30.01.2011)

I have the most current firmware. But the issue still persists...For example if I play Eminem's - I am not afraid..instead of the song starting with the words.."I am not afraid"...I hear..."not afraid"...I dont hear the .."I am" part.. Happens with every song I play...flac or mp3...Its not a problem with the source file coz it plays normally on the laptop...

Okay..update - Its not the HD2..coz if I plug the HDMI cable directly to the TV ...without it going through the Onkyo receiver...I dont lose anything...So fair to receive its a receiver issue...Anybody know why this could be ?

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back