Onkyo HTS-3500 no sound output

jaivelu

Hi Friends!

I got Onkyo HTS-3500. Recently shifted my residence to Bengaluru. After shifting, I setup the HTIB and found out that no sound is coming from any speakers. I reinstalled everything but in vain.

Did anyone could help me out please. The warranty period already expired.

Also please tell me, If I have to get it repaired, how much it may cost? and where is the service center of Onkyo located in Bengaluru? When searching, there are two different addresses came up.

Thanks in advance[emoji18]

Do a few things before you rush off to the service centre:

1) First of all try resetting the receiver.

2) Check if the FM/AM radio is working.

3) There is usually a button on the front which changes between Optical/Digital/Analogue/Auto. Press that and see if you get sound.

4) Checking the wiring of the speakers. Try also interchanging the speakers at low volume.

Usually the receiver can be reset using a combo of buttons. Try that also.

These are some of the basic steps before you rush off to the service centre. I used to work for a dealer of Onkyo hence the above advice. Try these and let me know and let me see if I can help you with this.

Vinod

Hi! Thanks for the advice. I have already tried those methods.

When I first setup the system after shifting to Bengaluru, At least the fronts were worked and only noise sound from surrounds and after a few days, everything has stopped working.

I searched and found the same advice, but those are not working.

Is there is anything more can be done to rectify the problem?

Any noise/hum/burning smells from the AVR when turned on? Can you tell us any symptoms of the AVR, how it behaves etc? Clicking sounds etc?

Any noise/hum/burning smells from the AVR when turned on? Can you tell us any symptoms of the AVR, how it behaves etc? Clicking sounds etc?

Hi Vinod, there is no burning smell. The on/off sequence is normal. The change mode is also working good. Only the sound output is not there. The USB playback, when playing music through USB is also fine. The screen showing the music is playing well, but not sound is coming from either channel.

First there is some "Hiss" sound started to come from the sub and fronts. Then sound from surround channels stopped and later on the sound output from the fronts also stopped.

I don't know what may be the problem. What is that "Hiss" sound?? Is it any intimation of trouble?:indifferent14:

I have a feeling that it is some setting problem.

I do not feel that there is any problem in the AVR, but of course I can't be sure from here.

Which speakers are turned on? A or B?

Make sure Speakers A are turned on. (Onkyo manual page en-33)

Let me know if it worked.

Last edited:
I am going thru the manual to see if there is anything that we can do. Once I go thru, I will post it off here.

Have you tried to get the audio through analogue cables (RCA) or SPDIF cables? Can you check that also?

Also please check page 54 on the manual check list.

Last edited:
The FM is playing well in stereo mode. But in other modes the sound is not coming. I haven't tried with RCA.

I think it is something to do with the setup. Your AVR seems to be fine. I had this no sound issue from my Onkyo 3400 AVR last year, even FM was not working. When I got it checked, I was told that some STK needs to be replaced and that part is not available anymore, hence bought a new AVR. Pls read through the manual and set it up from ZERO.

Hi Friends!

I got Onkyo HTS-3500. Recently shifted my residence to Bengaluru. After shifting, I setup the HTIB and found out that no sound is coming from any speakers. I reinstalled everything but in vain.
Onkyo is solid Amp, I purchased from US and it came through rough handling of airport transit ..etc. I also almost shifted /carried out 15-20 times. Still my AMP works great., This is 13 th Year. Except it had minor issues with button that's because of my mishandling. Though i upgraded to Denon Amp for my primary dedicated HT setup, still i am using this AMP for my Living room TV setup.

Try turning on Speaker set 'A' and 'B' and check whether u are getting sound. Also Try with >50 db volume with any source.
Try Speaker config --> Speaker level settings for individual Speaker to see whether you are getting sound for any speaker .
Disconnect all speakers and try only with front two speakers in stereo mode to check sound is coming up .

Check your source inputs are assigned correctly , there are chances that we could mess up the settings here.

While shifting I hope u packed well and there are no chances of water or liquid entered inside AMP.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back