Onkyo HTS-3500 or Pioneer HTP-RS40

arjunk

Let me introduce my self here in this forum as this is my first post here. I am Arjun working as SE in MNC in bangalore. I love clear & crisp music with good base. Let me just say i love quality music in everything right from TV shows, games on PS3, Music CDs and Movies.
It my dream since i was 8yrs old to setup a fantastic home-theater, after approx 2 decades, now i am in a position to setup one for myself. Just want you guys to know this to get my mindset/passion. Unfortunately this is the first chance to build one and i dont want to go by perception but reality.
I am a computer geek for sure but i seriously struggling to get in terms with component based home theater systems and jargons. Kindly spare me if i ask you guys something very basic.

I am looking for good component based 5.1 channel home theater system. I already have Sony 3D TV (55") KDL-55HX750, Sony Blu-ray player(BDP-S380) & PS3. My hall is 23Ft/9Ft, thats the reason i had to go for 55" TV. I am looking for 5.1 channel home-theater and no intention to get 7.1. Budget <35K.

I checked out various component based home-theater systems and finally nailed it down to Onkyo HTS-3500. When i was on a US trip 2 weeks ago, happen to get demo on Pioneer HTP-RS40 and i was spell bound by the quality of music it produced, they guy informed me that we would require some minor tuning to get this effect and he rated this product above Onkyo 3500. He was not sales rep of Pioneer but he was sales rep/technician of Home Theater showroom.

Pioneer RS40: Home Entertainment Systems DVD Players, Audio/Video Receivers: Pioneer India

Would like to know the following keeping my home environment & budget in mind:
> I am looking for min 1000W, will this be sufficient for 23/9ft room.
> Has anyone in this forum tested this Pioneer product? review?
> Will i be able to connect my Blu-ray player, PS3 and iPod simultaneously and use any one at given instance.
> Inorder t get maximum audio quality what type of connection should i be using to connect player & PS3
> Any other feedback is much appreciated.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back