Onkyo tx nr 616 or Denon avr 2313?

sidkap

Hi Guys,

Just joined this forum. Awesome resources!

I am currently looking for an AV receiver in the range of 30k. In India, all I could find was Denon 1713. I have heard this one at Profx MG road and it sounded impressive. However, when I check amazon UK, I can see that Denon avr 2313 is priced 420 Pounds (35k) and Onkyo 616 is priced 300 pounds (24k). Denon 2113 has been discontinued.

I will be going on a two week London trip in June, so I was wondering if I should get one of the receivers (denon 2313 or onkyo 616) from there. Is this a good idea? Denon 2313 retails at 70k in India (79k MRP, but after discount i am guessing 70k), so its a big difference of 35k. Onkyo 616 is another good deal but I am worried about its reliability. What do you guys think?

Hi Guys,

Just joined this forum. Awesome resources!

I am currently looking for an AV receiver in the range of 30k. In India, all I could find was Denon 1713. I have heard this one at Profx MG road and it sounded impressive. However, when I check amazon UK, I can see that Denon avr 2313 is priced 420 Pounds (35k) and Onkyo 616 is priced 300 pounds (24k). Denon 2113 has been discontinued.

I will be going on a two week London trip in June, so I was wondering if I should get one of the receivers (denon 2313 or onkyo 616) from there. Is this a good idea? Denon 2313 retails at 70k in India (79k MRP, but after discount i am guessing 70k), so its a big difference of 35k. Onkyo 616 is another good deal but I am worried about its reliability. What do you guys think?

As for as buying AVR, Abroad is the best place....You can def save 50% of the price you pay in India.... Buy it from UK/UAE as also have the same voltage 220 - 240V like India...So you don't need to buy the step down transformer...

I bought my Onkyo TX - NR 818 (A month back) from Kuwait for 44K Incl of Wireless Adapter (UWF-1)...In india it retails for 95K....Am extremely happens to have bought it from abroad and saved 50% of the money...

There is an other forum member here who also bought his Onkyo TX - NR 616 from UAE for around 26K...

If you can risk yourself without the warranty & ready to face juz in case anything happens, you are good to go...Good luck

As for as buying AVR, Abroad is the best place....You can def save 50% of the price you pay in India.... Buy it from UK/UAE as also have the same voltage 220 - 240V like India...So you don't need to buy the step down transformer...

I bought my Onkyo TX - NR 818 (A month back) from Kuwait for 44K Incl of Wireless Adapter (UWF-1)...In india it retails for 95K....Am extremely happens to have bought it from abroad and saved 50% of the money...

There is an other forum member here who also bought his Onkyo TX - NR 616 from UAE for around 26K...

If you can risk yourself without the warranty & ready to face juz in case anything happens, you are good to go...Good luck

Thank you!. I think that solves it. I am more inclined towards Denon 2313. Not sure if Onkyo 616 issues with firmware/hardware have been completely resolved.

The issue is, how do we carry these receivers? Should I pack it in my suitcase or just use the original packing and check in?

This was reply from a FM "tanmayj" when i asked him few questions about hand carrying the receiver from abroad..

By Hand Carry I mean shipped as check-in baggage WITH THE BOX. THE BOX IS ESSENTIAL FOR PROTECTION DURING SHIPMENT.

By hand carry I mean a person travelling carries it as a part of his check-in baggage - vis a vis - being shipped as cargo through a commercial cargo carrier like Fedex.

If you hand carry it, up to 35K INR is duty free. You'll pay duty on the cost above 35K. If you ship it as cargo with Fedex you pay duty on the entire 45K.

Hope this helps...If you have any more questions, tanmayj should be able to help you..

I recently carried Onkyo nr414 from US with no issues.Packed the receiver with original box stuffed with some clothes in the gaps. Also covered the box with clothes in a 28" soft travel case. I made 2 transits on the way and packing was intact when i received it in Chennai.

@renga. How were you able to stuff up the entire box into a 28" case? I am guessing the receiver along with the box would be pretty big in depth. Am I wrong?

@Elangoas. Are you sayin that we can just check in the box as it is? Like factory packed? Will that be sufficient? I am worried about the handling by airport staff.

@Elangoas. Are you sayin that we can just check in the box as it is? Like factory packed? Will that be sufficient? I am worried about the handling by airport staff.

Yes..Factory packed box...Thatz what my friend did...He put a Fragile note on it...It reached me safely in chennai without any damage to the receiver... Though the box took some beating in the sides...You can't help that....

@renga. How were you able to stuff up the entire box into a 28" case? I am guessing the receiver along with the box would be pretty big in depth. Am I wrong?

Mine is a low end model that may be the reason for the smaller size. I just adjusted the depth of the bag to squeeze the box inside the travel case.

Guys. One more question.

If I get an avr from abroad and by all the bad luck, it turns out to have some problems. Can I get it serviced in India? especially the Denons. Will the service centre here atleast service the avr? (on charge basis)

Guys. One more question.

If I get an avr from abroad and by all the bad luck, it turns out to have some problems. Can I get it serviced in India? especially the Denons. Will the service centre here atleast service the avr? (on charge basis)

Yes..They should/will...

i think depends.
like in kolkata when i asked yamaha service what about a foren product....they simply said we have no idea...
asking directly seems best..
if no then,contact gray market dealers..they can show some light...as there may be avilaibility of non authentic service centres..

however the less cost from abroad is quite okay to take risk..some reguler maint and machine is okay always..
like good stable power supply/reguler use/moderate volume knob/periodic dusting/ventilation..etc etc..

I think it might vary from one brand to another. I will check with denon over the weekend.
Anyone here who has got denon from abroad and serviced/repaired it here?

In any case, Denon's avr 2113 and 2313 are discontinued in UK, so 2313 is selling at 35k, which is dirt cheap. If the stock lasts, I will buy 2313 from UK or else will stick to 1713 in India.

I think it might vary from one brand to another. I will check with denon over the weekend.
Anyone here who has got denon from abroad and serviced/repaired it here?

In any case, Denon's avr 2113 and 2313 are discontinued in UK, so 2313 is selling at 35k, which is dirt cheap. If the stock lasts, I will buy 2313 from UK or else will stick to 1713 in India.

If you don't get the 2313 in UK, you may consider the Denon AVR X 2000 which retails around the same price...

If you don't get the 2313 in UK, you may consider the Denon AVR X 2000 which retails around the same price...

I think X2000 is the replacement for 2113. It's around 40k I suppose. In that case I would rather get 2113 in India right?

I think X2000 is the replacement for 2113. It's around 40k I suppose. In that case I would rather get 2113 in India right?

Whatz the price of 2113 in India ? Why are you considering the 2113 over X 2000 model even though you get it for a cheaper price than India....

Any unique features in that ?

Whatz the price of 2113 in India ? Why are you considering the 2113 over X 2000 model even though you get it for a cheaper price than India....

Any unique features in that ?

No. I mean x2000 is more or less the same as 2113. 2113 is retailing at 43 to 45k in India. In UK, it's difficult to get 2113 now. So I will have to buy X2000 which costs 499. That's around 40k. So isn't it better to get 2113 in India? I will get warranty as well.

No. I mean x2000 is more or less the same as 2113. 2113 is retailing at 43 to 45k in India. In UK, it's difficult to get 2113 now. So I will have to buy X2000 which costs 499. That's around 40k. So isn't it better to get 2113 in India? I will get warranty as well.

Yean understand....Per the Profx site, Denon 2113 is 50K...So it could be retailing for 40K..True..

Good luck on your purchase..

616 is quite stable. Havent had any issues with it.

Would love to get hands on 616. Its priced around 24k in UK now. So, it would be an awesome deal. If the stability issues are no more, I would rather buy this one.

Only reason I was looking at Denon was the attitude of Onkyo dealer at MG Road Bangalore. They were pretty lazy and damn sure that I was not gonna buy from them. So, I felt really sure of not buying from them. Moreover, 414 was priced 40k!! Are you kidding me? And he doesnt even want to negotiate. Profx was atleast bargainable. The reason why people buy Denon in India is Onkyo's extremely high premiums on products which are discounted globally.

Anyways, I auditioned 414 and 515. I think the sound was slightly bright. He was using HK speakers. But the surround effects were impeccable. Proves Onkyos are best for movies.

Then went to profx. The HT room was awesome. Onkyo dealer did not even switch on the AC (not that it matters :)), and his HT room was like some store room of old speakers. ProfX on the other hand was very professional. He was polk rti FS along with rti centre and surrounds for 1713. The sound was awesome. It was more warm. I guess thats how Denon differs from Onkyo. Anyway, I think Denon sounds better for music. Personal opinion though.

I really dont mind either Denon or Onkyo. I think speakers make a lot of difference. Not the amp. And since Onkyo was having issues, I decided on Denon. I will take a call when I go to UK :D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back