ONKYO TX-NR414 at 23.5K

bpranay

Dear All,

Those who are looking for future ready, loaded with features AVR but fits well within the budget, then this must be the good news for all of them.

One of the indian retailer at ebay.in is offering ONKYO-TX NR414 at 23.5K and I think this is the steal deal considering the market price of the receiver.

Here's the link

Brand New Onkyo TX-NR414 | eBay

Top-End Features at a Realistic Price

Home networking for PC- and cloud-based audio. Six HDMI inputs. WRAT noise-reduction suite. Powerful and immersive 5.1 surround. High-Definition audio decoding and 3D video support. If all this sounds like an AVR thats beyond your budget, get ready to be pleasantly surprised. Onkyos TX-NR414 Network A/V Receiver boasts all this and more. For a start, the receiver incorporates InstaPrevue technology, a new picture-in-picture HDMI input source preview system that greatly simplifies the operation of your home theater. Or try the HDMI-linked overlaid on-screen display, making mid-program setting adjustments quick and easy. Theres also a USB port for direct-digital iPod/iPhone connection, Zone 2 line-outs for playback of a different stereo source in another room, digital music file enhancement, top-shelf build quality, and the purity of sound for which our brand is famous. And the price tag? Lets just say HD playback isnt the only realistic thing about this potent AVR.

ADVANCED FEATURES

HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor, x.v.Color, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Decoding
Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
Internet Radio and Cloud Music Streaming Service Connectivity (MP3tunes, Spotify, AUPEO!, vTuner)*1
Picture-in-Picture Input Source Preview with InstaPrevue Technology
Playback of Audio Files Through Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, LPCM)
Supports Onkyo Remote Apps for iPod touch/iPhone*2 and Android Phone*3
WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) with Quick Set-Up and Home Menu
Zone 2 Line-Out for Distributed Audio Playback in Another Room
Hybrid Standby Function to Reduce Power Consumption
*1 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a firmware update.
*2 Compatible with iPod touch (3rd generation or later) and iPhone 3GS or later. All models require iOS 4.2 or later.
*3 Requires Android OS 2.1 or later.
AMPLIFIER FEATURES

H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
PROCESSING FEATURES

TI Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels
Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
Advanced Music Optimizer for Compressed Digital Music Files
Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
CinemaFILTER
Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
Double Bass Function
Non-Scaling Configuration
A-Form Listening Mode Memory
CONNECTION FEATURES

6 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output
Front-Panel USB Port
Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability
Compatible with Optional UWF-1 Wireless LAN Adapter via USB
HDTV-Capable (720p/1080i) Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)
5 Composite Video Inputs (1 Front/4 Rear) and 1 Output
4 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
6 Analog Audio Inputs (1 Front/5 Rear)
Subwoofer Pre-Out
Color-Coded, Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
Headphone Jack
OTHER FEATURES

Crossover Adjustment (40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 120 / 150 / 200 Hz)
A/V Sync Control (Up to 400 ms at 48 kHz)
Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
40 FM/AM Random Presets
Certified with Windows 7 and DLNA Version 1.5
Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) for System Control
Preprogrammed RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS

Power Output: 130 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC);
160 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
Frequency Response: 5 Hz100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (DSP Bypass)
Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 173.5 x 328 mm
Weight: 9.0 kg (Asian Model: 9.4 kg)

The item is sold by avenuesoundelectronics Mumbai . They are selling 120v products in India. You need to buy a step down transformer to use it. You won,t Onkyo India Warranty on ebay purchase.

just bought the onkyo 414 on ebay for rs. 24514/- i already have a 4kw. 220-110 converter on hand , so no extra costs for me.
lets see how long it would take to arrive

Its mentioned the 220 power convertor is free.

Please Note : Please Note this reciever works on 110volts as its a US piece, so you have to connect this reciever on 220 to 110 volts convertor of 1000 watts, which is very small and compact convertor and in the market this convertor cost Rs. 3000/- extra but will provide you absolutely Free with the reciever.

I think it works like u pay first and wait for 30 days or more for your product to be sourced from USofA , later it will be dispatched to you. If you are lucky, they may have the stocks ready. Be sure to check with them before placing the order.

The item is sold by avenuesoundelectronics Mumbai . They are selling 120v products in India. You need to buy a step down transformer to use it. You won,t Onkyo India Warranty on ebay purchase.

Please Note : Please Note this reciever works on 110volts as its a US piece, so you have to connect this reciever on 220 to 110 volts convertor of 1000 watts, which is very small and compact convertor and in the market this convertor cost Rs. 3000/- extra but will provide you absolutely Free with the reciever.

Recently I came add in quikr. When I contacted them they mentioned its imported from UK and will be delivered to our address. Below are the quotes that got from them. They say that they have agents in Bangalore who will deliver to our home. I am not sure whether to go for it. Price seems attractive. :)

Denon - Avr-2313ci - 7.2 Ch. Networking Av Home Theater Receiver-----INR30,000/
Denon AVR 2113CI AV network receiver - Black------INR21,000/
DENON AVR-1712 7.1 A/V Surround Receiver-----INR14,000/
denon avr-1912 220 volts / 240 volts audio video av receiver-18577----INR18,000/
DENON AVR-2312 220-240 volts 50 Hertz AUDIO VIDEO RECEIVER-----INR24000/

I think it works like u pay first and wait for 30 days or more for your product to be sourced from USofA , later it will be dispatched to you. If you are lucky, they may have the stocks ready. Be sure to check with them before placing the order.
not to worry! i have bought from them before and they came through with flying colors. this is readily available on amazon for $200/- and the customs is like 15% if u know the way around custom codes for declaring the category of item being assessed. so work out the margins!! they will please u with their service. the reason i buy such things on ebay is because of their protection plans and rating systems. so u can confidently buy there, because no reputed seller is going to try to shortchange u because he will be the loser in the long run. just be careful to verify the longevity of the sellers existance on ebay. i know i am paying a premium price, but i think the ebay guarantee makes me happy to pay the extra premium.

i have bought directly from amazon global , both usa & uk sites, but this avr was not available from either of them for shipment to india. previously amazon germany was willing to ship to india but last night even they said they cant ship it to india. only amazon italy was willing to ship it to india but the price came to 40,000/- rupees.

so, i have no worries about being conned or lots of delays in delivery. i am sure i will get it in 10-15days.

Its mentioned the 220 power convertor is free.

honestly speaking i didnt even read that info. any how i am sure what they will provide will be a cheapie which i am sure wont be able to withstand the indian conditions of voltage fluctuations & frequency shifts. but i have a solid transformer from delta which is very heavy and has been working flawlwssly for more than 4-5yrs.
as a matter of fact i have many items brought from the usa being used at my home and i use delta transformers, of which i have 50watts, 125watts, 1000watts, 3000watts & 4000watts . they are solid performers.

honestly speaking i didnt even read that info. any how i am sure what they will provide will be a cheapie which i am sure wont be able to withstand the indian conditions of voltage fluctuations & frequency shifts. but i have a solid transformer from delta which is very heavy and has been working flawlwssly for more than 4-5yrs.
as a matter of fact i have many items brought from the usa being used at my home and i use delta transformers, of which i have 50watts, 125watts, 1000watts, 3000watts & 4000watts . they are solid performers.

Wow thats an amazing assumption to make without any real proof... I have dealt with Ashish from avenue sound on a couple of occasions & I have found him extremely Customer oriented... I am sure anyone who have even talked to him(let alone deal with him), instantly can see that he really wants to provide good service to his customers... Also I have checked out the 1500W step down he bundles with his HK3600 & it is extremely well made... Another thing is he does not get stringy with power of the transformers... What I mean is ppl normally recommend a 1000W step down transformer with a 85WPC avr like I own, but he bundles a 1500W transformer with the HK3600 he has for sale & even advised me to buy the 1500W one just to be on the safer side(even though I bought the AVR from US & not from him)... Pls dont just bad mouth a dealer u have no real exp in dealing with... I am sure others too who have dealt with him, have similar views as I do in this respect...

PS a few point towards clearing some things up with respect to Avenue sound...

1) All Avenue Sound products are imported from the US, as they have 2 shops here in India & 2 shops in New York... As they are actual dealers in the US they are able to offer products & much cheaper than what it would cost to import directly ourselves & still make a healthy profit...

2) Avenue sound provides any convertors that u may need(like a step down transformer) for the product to safely work here in India... Everything is included in the price they quote to u & u dont have to pay anything over they price they quote...

3) If u want the ebay protection then do buy through ebay but if u buy from them directly, they will be able to give u a even better price than they quote on ebay mainly coz of of the savings WRT ebay charges...

4) BTW any of their products that are listed on ebay, then that means they are available in stock & u dont have to w8 for the product to be shipped from US...

5) Lastly Avenue sound mainly deals in car audio.... Home Audio is a extra business that the do on the side... If u are in Mumbai & on the lookout for a good Car system do check out thier Kemps corner shop... It has a digital control board(not sure what its called) which I have see only on my visit abroad... It allows u to do a AB comparison(actually more like a ABCDEFGH etc etc comparison) between diff car audio combinations to get a real world on the spot comparison to decide which combination of items works for u... I think even their vashi showroom has his feature but the selection in Kemps corner is more exotic...

To sign off I would like to state I am in no way affiliated to Avenue sound & whatever I have said in support of them is just my appreciation of Ashish's efforts to accomodate FMs like myself on a number of occasions...

Last edited:
Wow thats an amazing assumption to make without any real proof... I have dealt with Ashish from avenue sound on a couple of occasions & I have found him extremely Customer oriented... I am sure anyone who have even talked to him(let alone deal with him), instantly can see that he really wants to provide good service to his customers... Also I have checked out the 1500W step down he bundles with his HK3600 & it is extremely well made... Another thing is he does not get stringy with power of the transformers... What I mean is ppl normally recommend a 1000W step down transformer with a 85WPC avr like I own, but he bundles a 1500W transformer with the HK3600 he has for sale & even advised me to buy the 1500W one just to be on the safer side(even though I bought the AVR from US & not from him)... Pls dont just bad mouth a dealer u have no real exp in dealing with... I am sure others too who have dealt with him, have similar views as I do in this respect...

1) All Avenue Sound products are imported from the US, as they have 2 shops here in India & 2 shops in New York... As they are actual dealers in the US they are able to offer products & much cheaper than what it would cost to import directly ourselves & still make a healthy profit...

2) Avenue sound provides any convertors that u may need(like a step down transformer) for the product to safely work here in India... Everything is included in the price they quote to u & u dont have to pay anything over they price they quote...

3) If u want the ebay protection then do buy through ebay but if u buy from them directly, they will be able to give u a even better price than they quote on ebay mainly coz of of the savings WRT ebay charges...

4) BTW any of their products that are listed on ebay, then that means they are available in stock & u dont have to w8 for the product to be shipped from US...

5) Lastly Avenue sound mainly deals in car audio.... Home Audio is a extra business that the do on the side... If u are in Mumbai & on the lookout for a good Car system do check out thier Kemps corner shop... It has a digital control board(not sure what its called) which I have see only on my visit abroad... It allows u to do a AB comparison(actually more like a ABCDEFGH etc etc comparison) between diff car audio combinations to get a real world on the spot comparison to decide which combination of items works for u... I think even their vashi showroom has his feature but the selection in Kemps corner is more exotic...

To sign off I would like to state I am in no way affiliated to Avenue sound & whatever I have said in support of them is just my appreciation of Ashish's efforts to accomodate FMs like myself on a number of occasions...

i completely i agree with this, i'm also a happy coustomer of avenue sound :yahoo: :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::clapping:

hello!!! r we on the same page here?

who is talking about avenue sound?

i bought the avr from i2cworld and not avenue sound . i have absolutely no idea who or what avenue sound is.

so, please dont fire ur barbs at me !!!

yes. as i said in my post it is available on amazon for $199/-, only it is not being offered for shipment to india. if it were available for shipment to india i would have got it cheaper by a couple of thousand for sure. shipping depends on whether u want it by cheapest mode or fastest mode. the customs would be around 36% on c.i.f value, if it were CLASSIFIED under hs code 85192100,sound recording or reproducing apparatus, Without loudspeaker. if we take the cif value as say 300 dollars (cost200+100 for i&f of cif),it would be less ofcourse but for just as an example, it is approx. rs 16,300/- cif value and the duty would be rs. 5943/- so the total is less than 22,000/-

actually my wife is in the usa right now and could have brought it as baggage but it would be a hassle for her as it is so heavy and would count as one of the allowed 2 free pieces of baggage, and would save me at most 5000/- bucks. but if u take into factor the wife annoying factor it would be pure madness on my part to try and save those 5k.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back