Onkyo TX NR515 or Denon 1713?

amilapradeep

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and HT field as well, i was going through the forum last couple of months.

Currently i am not having any receiver or speakers. 2 months back i thought to go for a home theater, i started researching. after lot of reading (mostly on this forum) finally i decided to go for Denon 1713 and wharfedale dx -1. So last night i went to few shops for demo.

There was only one shop, which having wharfedale dx-1. but they don't have denon. they have only onkyo. There is promotion going on with onkyo tx nr515. Here i need help from you guys. I will add prices with AED.

Option 1 : To buy denon 1713 seperatly - 1700AED

To buy wharfedale dx-1 seperatly - 1500AED

Option 2 : Buy onkyo tx nr 515 - 800AED (this is the promotion, normal price of this is 1700AED)

To buy wharfedale dx-1 seperatly - 1500AED

Option 3 : In another shop there is a package as this

Yamaha RXV 475 + Polk Audio TL 1600 - 2500AED

While i was reading on the forums, i started to love denon. but if tx nr 515 is good receiver, i will go for it since it save much money.
have anyone of you demoed with NR 515 with Wharfedale dx-1?

i want to get better sound quality Home theater for 70% of movies and 30% of music. not interested on so many HDMI, networking, 4K, Multiple Zone options.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

There was only one shop, which having wharfedale dx-1. but they don't have denon. they have only onkyo. There is promotion going on with onkyo tx nr515. Here i need help from you guys. I will add prices with AED.

Thanks!

at 800 AED, Onkyo 515 is a steal, by the way which store is this promotion going on? I will ask my friends to pick one of those for me as well and bring it when they come to India.

name of the store please. :)

go 4 option 2...there is not much difference btw onkyo 515 nd denon 1713..set audyssey manually on 515..it will be perform better than denon..best of luck:cool:

Thanks, Yes i heard onkyo perform better than denon. but still i am thinking because of the HDMI issue with onkyo, which most of the users are complaining. Is it solved now by latest firmware updates?

at 800 AED, Onkyo 515 is a steal, by the way which store is this promotion going on? I will ask my friends to pick one of those for me as well and bring it when they come to India.

name of the store please. :)

Hi-Fi City Electronics.
They are the agent for onkyo in UAE. you may find one of their shop at dubai mall and another shop (may be the main shop) near Deira

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back