• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Onkyo TX SR 875 High End AVR - THX Ultra 2 Certified

Wharfedale EVO4.1 Bookshelf Speakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgautam

Dear all,

This has been a difficult decision to let this go but I am sure that I will not be using it for atleast another 6-9 months. Further its unlikely that I will be using the AVR's full power when I shift to a smaller flat in a metro. Its a 140 watt RMS @ 8 Ohms 7.1 HDMI enabled receiver

Acquired from an reputed FM around two months ago thru a Wanted listing. The AVR is a truly high end one selling for around a lac during its period. Its fantastic both for movies and music and many rave reviews on the net. One and only downside is that it runs hot and needs to be ventilated well. You cannot place any component on the top.

It can decode DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD via HDMI and was one of the first to feature this capability. Its THX Ultra 2 certified and very few amps have got this certification. There are hundreds of reviews out there but for the lazy I am pasting the main specs from Onkyo's UK site.

The AVR is very heavy - 25 Kgs and will cost a decent money to ship. I leave it to the buyers to decide how to ship the same at his risk. But I assure you that I will take every care to pack it well and will prefer sending it with the wooden crate it came with. Its very safe and secure.

The landing cost of the AVR was close to 29K since the courier & crate cost itself was 4K. I am ready to take a hit of 2K on this price and offer the AVR for 27K plus shipping. For this money I am sure you will be hard pressed to find any AVRs with the brute power and features plus Onkyo's bomb proof build. Its really nice and if not sold at this price I may be tempted to retain it since I am selling off quite a few components anyway.

For those looking for a one stop solution of an excellent stereo & outstanding HT capability this AVR can be a very good option since it has Burr Brown Dacs and oodles of color free power. Ofcourse it needs good quality speakers to fully utilize its potential

ADVANCED FEATURES

THX Ultra2 Certified (with THX Processing)
DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus Decoding
VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) for All Channels
HQV Reon-VX Video Processing
HDMI (v. 1.3a) Audio and Video Processing (4 Inputs and 1 Output)
HDTV-Capable HDMI Switching
HDTV-Capable (100 MHz) Component Video Switching (3 Inputs and 1 Output)
HDMI Upscaling and Upconversion
Component Video Upconversion
Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit Audio DACs (PCM1796) for All Channels
Three TI Aureus 32-Bit DSP Chips for Advanced Processing
Bi-Amping and BTL (Bridged Transless) Capability for Music and Movie Sound Effects
Audyssey MultEQ XT to Correct Room Acoustic Problems and to Calibrate Speakers
Powered Zone 2 (Audio and Video); Zone 2 and Zone 3 Pre Outs; Independent Control for Volume, Balance (Zone 2 and Zone 3) and Bass/Treble (Zone 2 Only)
Neural-THX Surround Technology for Gaming, Movies and Broadcasting
Onkyo RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control (Works with Certain Key Functions of Panasonic's VIERA Link)
Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) Dock for the iPod

AUDIO FEATURES

200 W/Ch Minimum into 6, 1 kHz, IEC (1 Channel Driven)
DTS-ES Discrete/Matrix, DTS Neo:6, DTS 96/24, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx
H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
6 Digital Inputs (3 Optical/3 Coaxial) and 1 Optical Output
A-Form Listening Mode Memory
Linear Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
Non-Scaling Configuration
Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for All Channels
Color-Coded 7.1-Multichannel Inputs and Pre Outs
Independent Crossover Adjustment for F/C/S/SB40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 Hz)
Double Bass Function

VIDEO FEATURES

6 S-Video Inputs and 2 Outputs
6 Composite Video Inputs and 2 Outputs
Front Panel Auxiliary Input (for Camcorders, GameConsoles, etc.)

OTHER FEATURES#

Color-Coded Dual Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
Pure Audio Mode
A/V Synchronization Function (Up to 250 ms in 5 ms Steps)
40 FM/AM Radio Presets
RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
Onscreen Display
RS232 Port
IR Input and Output
12 V Trigger
6 A/V Inputs and 1 Output
2 Audio Inputs and 1 Output
Phono Input
Direct Mode
IntelliVolume
Late Night Mode (High/Low/Off)
Headphone Jack
Aluminum Front Panel
Preprogrammed RI (Remote Interactive) Learning Remote Control with Macros and Mode-Key LEDs

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Attachments

• IMG_20160319_174844.jpg
    IMG_20160319_174844.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_20160319_174618.jpg
    IMG_20160319_174618.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_20160319_174928.jpg
    IMG_20160319_174928.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_20160319_174602.jpg
    IMG_20160319_174602.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 454

sgautam

Forgot to note, the audyseey mic is not available. One button on the remote doesn't work, the general downward selection one, u have to use the upward button to reach to the desired menu. Nothing to worry really. All the rest are available: remote, carton, manual, packing etc.

sgautam

Dear FMs, putting the sale on hold since I will may be relocating to Bhuvaneshwar and not to a metro as expected earlier. Will hold on to the amp for now and see, thanks. Closing the thread for now

Status
Not open for further replies.