Onkyo TX-SR608/ Denon 1910 from Dubai - worth trying ?

anilkc2000

I have been reading about these AVRs for some time in various postings in this forum & elsewhere ( Here is a recent link - Best AV Receiver under $500 – Reviews and Rankings | Bestcovery. I am assuming it is Ok to give external links, else I will remove this). Currently the purchase plan is on a standby mode due to the gap between my budget and their India prices. Today I learnt a cousin is flying in from Dubai in 2 weeks. So there exists a possibility to request (to buy and bring along) provided I can give all the details. So
1. Can someone please share the recommended authorised shops in Dubai
2. Approximate prices in Dubai/ deals if any - for Onkyo TX-SR608/ Denon 1910 /Denon 1610 - to help me assess the price diff from India (I had auditioned Denon 1610 & 1910 in ProFx and pre negotiation prices were 25k & 45k. )
3. I am assuming I won't get India warranty from there. Any way of buying India warranty seperately ?
4. Any customs/duty prep ? He might be landing in Blore or Cochin
5. Any other considerations ?

Last edited:
Hi Anil,

I've been toying around with the same idea. Here are the details of AVR prices in Dubai, the best place to buy being VV & Sons, Bur Dubai, Al Fahidi Street or HiFi city, Dubai mall.

1. Onkyo TX-SR608 - 2300 AED
2. Denon AVR 1910 cost - 2599 AED
(12.8 INR = 1 AED)

India warranty is almost impossible to get. From what I gather from the gurus, you may have to rely on per-call basis support when needed.

Customs is purely a matter of how lucky you can get. However, its good to assume that you may have to pay-up duty to the extent of 3-4k INR.

Shipping is not an issue, unless you cousin overshoots the approved 20KGS check-in limit (Emirates). Watch out for budget airplies, if you do not book luggage early, you might end up paying more for the luggage, than the price difference ;)

Good luck,
Pannags

Hi pannags,

Do they have any website (VV & Sons)? Or is there any HIFI shop in Dubai with online website and prices to compare models?

Thanks,

Thanks a lot !...any idea how much kgs these will weigh ?

One more Q - Onkyo SR608 - where can I audition it in Blore ?

Hi,

one of my friend bought onkyo 608 from Singapore at 22000INR.and payed Rs.500 at Bng customs.Took from Adelphi.other friend brought denon 1911 at 29000INR.

Thanks a lot !...any idea how much kgs these will weigh ?

One more Q - Onkyo SR608 - where can I audition it in Blore ?

ONKYO INDIA

You can find many dealers listed. Onkyo Wonderland is there in many shopping malls give them a call before you go to check if they have it in stock.

Hi pannags,

Do they have any website (VV & Sons)? Or is there any HIFI shop in Dubai with online website and prices to compare models?

Thanks,

Hi Sri,

Unfortunately not. I tried hard to locate their site and then found out that they only had info pertaining to their businesses and list of brands sold. No on-line purchase options.

Consumer Electronics VVSons

Regards,
pannags

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back