Online Schooling_basic needs

reachkalyan.kr

Hi all,
Recent development/ headache in our daily life is online schooling for kids.School management is asking for laptop or PC for online teaching.
How are you ppl managing the current situation .
Eg - Accessories headphone,web cam, laptop,PC

I could see there are no promising branded webcams available in budget for next day / early delivery.
Cant we use the TAB ?
Iam very much sure our FM would have come across similar situation and settled with some kind of solution.
Would request to pour some experience on this topic and suggestion.

Possible share the links for purchasing the basic needs with budget friendly.

Hi reachkalyan,

I can understand your predicament since there is no immediate solution & we all have to flow with the tide. The prices of tablets & laptops have increased a lot since march. The intel i3 processor based laptops now cost what the i5 processor ones were costing in March. i5's have increased further proportionally.
If you already have a computer then it makes sense buying a webcam. Else a 15 inch laptop or a tab should do.
Fortunately we have a HP Omni all in one which has the camera built in, using it since 6 years. Sennheiser is being used for headphones. Tab's for children can definitely used but when the professor is explaining maths or physics, the screen may seem small with the images of the other children displayed on the top of the screen in Zoom or some other app. The irony is that some schools/colleges are insisting on apple tabs when some children already have Samsung tabs.
Basically if you don't have a computer then you may need to invest in a tab/laptop/all in one with a decent screen size & quality to avoid straining the eyes since the child will be using it for almost the entire day.
I am glad we didn't have to go through this & feel pity for the children going through this as there is no peer interaction & communication.Just staring at the screen with limited communication with the teacher

On Amazon you may get a webcam in a couple of days via prime membership for certain ones. No point in investing in a very high quality webcam since the teacher's webcam should be more clear..

Regards,
nitin

Last edited:
We repurposed an old laptop for the job. It was actually quite an interesting project to get that laptop running. It's running off a 16gb usb pen drive. All that's installed in it is MS Teams.

MaSh

We repurposed an old laptop for the job. It was actually quite an interesting project to get that laptop running. It's running off a 16gb usb pen drive. All that's installed in it is MS Teams.

MaSh
Yes iam also in the same boat.
But inbuilt speaker and mic is not working.
Ordered usb to 3.5 sound card converter .

Yes iam also in the same boat.
But inbuilt speaker and mic is not working.
Ordered usb to 3.5 sound card converter .
Use normal earphone. Is there no sound on the headphone out too? Else you don't need any converter. There are many headphones with usb port.

MaSh

Use normal earphone. Is there no sound on the headphone out too? Else you don't need any converter. There are many headphones with usb port.

MaSh
Tried normal earphone and mobile earphone both. Mic and earphone port not working .thisnold laptop has pervious history with this issue.
Since multimedia speakers and seperate mic will be used for audio/ mic ,ordered usb converter instaed usb headphone.

Using an iPad with screen mirrored to the TV (to see the slides and videos the teachers use). Not using any headphones and earphones as it can be uncomfortable and tiring to young kids for long durations.

I just bought an Rs. 200 stand for the iPad from Amazon

Using an iPad with screen mirrored to the TV (to see the slides and videos the teachers use). Not using any headphones and earphones as it can be uncomfortable and tiring to young kids for long durations.

I just bought an Rs. 200 stand for the iPad from Amazon

Thats a nice suggestion. But can the ipad be mirrored to a TV( non smart) via an amazon fire stick ?

Thats a nice suggestion. But can the ipad be mirrored to a TV( non smart) via an amazon fire stick ?
I have a set top box/streaming box provided by ACT broadband (similar to fire TV or Mi Box) where I have installed an app called ApowerMirror, the iPad sees that as an Apple TV and uses airplay to mirror its screen!

I have a set top box/streaming box provided by ACT broadband (similar to fire TV or Mi Box) where I have installed an app called ApowerMirror, the iPad sees that as an Apple TV and uses airplay to mirror its screen!

Hi SkdMrk,
Thanks a lot for your explanation.

Rgs,
Nitin

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back