OP Amp & Caps Upgrade

chiraghbir

Calling Experts !

Hi Guys !

I want to upgrade my YAMAHA AS-500 amplifier .

Thinking to upgrade caps and OP Amps .

Caps i want to got for Mundorff while OP Amps am thinking from Burson Audio.

Can anyone help me install these with high quality soldering ?

Thanks

Calling Experts !

Hi Guys !

I want to upgrade my YAMAHA AS-500 amplifier .

Thinking to upgrade caps and OP Amps .

Caps i want to got for Mundorff while OP Amps am thinking from Burson Audio.

Can anyone help me install these with high quality soldering ?

Thanks

Get a new amplifier. Lots of used items are there. It will save you some serious bucks and pain.

For caps, make sure that it is of similar rating (capacitance, voltage) and size (so that the diameter fits in the same space).

For opamp, make sure that your replacement opamp has the same pinout, that it is of similar type (single, dual, quad type opamps) and have similar positive and negative rail voltages as original opamp).

All the best.

Get a new amplifier. Lots of used items are there. It will save you some serious bucks and pain.

i will be going for high end amp really soon but i want to experiment :)

For caps, make sure that it is of similar rating (capacitance, voltage) and size (so that the diameter fits in the same space).

For opamp, make sure that your replacement opamp has the same pinout, that it is of similar type (single, dual, quad type opamps) and have similar positive and negative rail voltages as original opamp).

All the best.

ok i will check thoroughly .

but you know anyone who can help me with soldering ?

i will be going for high end amp really soon but i want to experiment :)

By High End amp you probably mean an expensive amp ? Unless you have heard that amp in your system you can't be sure it's suitable for you. Besides higher cost doesn't necessarily mean better sound !

ok i will check thoroughly .

but you know anyone who can help me with soldering ?

If you aren't already into experimenting with different parts and soldering them, better you follow
saikatbiswas82's advice . Some cheap parts 'could' sound far better than botique parts like Mundorf ! You can't tell until you compare them.
Usually "audio grade "(?) capacitors are far larger than what you find in most commercial products. So they will not fit in the same place. You might also fall for the tricks that the brain plays on you ! You will change the part and be sure that it sounds different ( usually better !) . Will you swap it several times to be sure ? If you are using your own boards then the resulting damage to the copper tracks on the pcb by repeated soldering and desoldering will not matter too much.
Besides this , the resale value of your amp will drop drastically if you meddle with the insides.

I'd say, you don't know how to solder and so have no experience with such matters . Don't mess around with your amp. When you find a better sounding amp ( not necessarily expensive !) , sell your current amp in it's present 'intact' state. Why don't you buy some new gen classD amp like those from SMSL ( It's Chinese but it's good ) . It might cost only as much as your ' higher grade capacitors ' ! Some sound very good. You might be surprised or shocked or both !

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back