Oppo 103d with marantz receiver sr5007 configuration

amandalia

Hello all,

I just got my oppo 103d region free bluray. I have some questions regarding my set-up.

1) Manufacturing date of my oppo 103d is 12/02/2014. When i connect it to internet it shows that there is a firmware update available, should i upgrade my firmware? Will it harm my REGION FREE hack that i got with my player itself?

2) I've connected oppo with my marantz sr5007. For audio, should i send lpcm or bitstream to my marantz? If oppo's decoding dolby/dts is much better than receiver's, isn't it better to send pcm of receiver? My 80% viewing would be hd ripped files, sometimes sd files too. Keeping that also in mind, which option is better?

3) I know this must have been asked a thousand times but i've to ask. IDEAL setting for darbee?? I have epson 8100 3d projector (also known as epson 6010) as the display device. Screen size - 110 inches. Viewing distance - about 10 feet.

Awaiting much appreciated suggestions.

Thank you and have a good day!
Bhavesh.

amandalia,
Where did you get your Oppo 103 from? If it's hardware modded for region free, then you can easily do a firmware update. I have done it on mine and there's no problem.
Regarding bitstream or lpcm output, usually most set it to bitstream and allow the AVR to do the decoding. But you can experiment and try whatever sounds better to you. The 5007 also has 7.1 analogue inputs so you can try the analogue outputs from the Oppo. In fact this option may give you good sound.
My Oppo is not the D version so I cant comment on the settings.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back