Oppo's new players BDP 103 & 105

purna

I was looking for Oppo BDP 93 in amazon.com for my planned HT setup and found that there is no stock of it. And then looked at oppodigital.com and they have only refurbished units. My google search yielded the avsforum link and mentioned there is no stock of BDP 93 and there is news about Oppo BDP 103 which might be released in October.

Main changes are 4k upscaling and MHL(Mobile High-Definition Link) support. I don't think we will be able to use 4k upscaling anytime in near future.

Its a yet to be released product. The photos and discussions are sourced from the recent Cedia event where they showcased the WIP oppo 103 and 105. Only the 105 will have digital inputs (atleast it appears from the photos).

Hi,

If the Oppo BDP 105 is releasing in couple of months, I may be tempted to sell my Oppo-93 that I bought a month back :). Its a brand new and unused unit with just the outer carton opened and the padding materials removed. I removed the padding materials to have room for some blurays discs inside the carton while returning from US. I didn't have space to keep the discs anywhere else :D.

What attracts me to Oppo 105 is the introduction of digital ins that makes 105 to be used as a DAC. The DAC chips used in 105 are simply amazing and have got rave reviews. I was otherwise planning to purchase an external DAC that would cost much more :(.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

-John.

Hi,

If the Oppo BDP 105 is releasing in couple of months, I may be tempted to sell my Oppo-93 that I bought a month back :). Its a brand new and unused unit with just the outer carton opened and the padding materials removed. I removed the padding materials to have room for some blurays discs inside the carton while returning from US. I didn't have space to keep the discs anywhere else :D.

What attracts me to Oppo 105 is the introduction of digital ins that makes 105 to be used as a DAC. The DAC chips used in 105 are simply amazing and have got rave reviews. I was otherwise planning to purchase an external DAC that would cost much more :(.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

-John.
Hey! I'd be interested in purchasing the Oppo 93 :)

Hi,

I will watch out on the release of 105. Any way I am not going to use the Oppo-93 for another 3-4 months as I am waiting for my home theater room to complete before I unpack it. So if 105 is available by then, I will go with it and sell of my BDP-93 :).

-John.

I am getting the house only by Dec :(. I will start the interiors after that. I will surely start a thread when I start the interiors of HT room :).

Hi,

I will watch out on the release of 105. Any way I am not going to use the Oppo-93 for another 3-4 months as I am waiting for my home theater room to complete before I unpack it. So if 105 is available by then, I will go with it and sell of my BDP-93 :).

-John.

I am also interested in the oppo bdp 93. Whats the price? Is it region and code free?
Thanx

Hi,

Its brand new, just opened the packing box and removed the padding materials. Its unused. There is no mods added. Its Region-A for BlueRay and region free for DVDs by default. I haven't got any region free mod kit. You can get it from ebay for $30-40. Bought the player from Amazon in Aug '12. I paid $499 and Rs 5000 as "customs duty" at Bangalore airport. I used my Indian International CC for paying at Amazon and the total amount came to 29K. Now adding the "customs duty", the total cost came to 34K.

If I am selling it, the price would be around 34K. I will start a For Sale thread as soon as I make my decision for Oppo-105.

Thanks,
John.

Hi,

Its brand new, just opened the packing box and removed the padding materials. Its unused. There is no mods added. Its Region-A for BlueRay and region free for DVDs by default. I haven't got any region free mod kit. You can get it from ebay for $30-40. Bought the player from Amazon in Aug '12. I paid $499 and Rs 5000 as "customs duty" at Bangalore airport. I used my Indian International CC for paying at Amazon and the total amount came to 29K. Now adding the "customs duty", the total cost came to 34K.

If I am selling it, the price would be around 34K. I will start a For Sale thread as soon as I make my decision for Oppo-105.

Thanks,
John.
Am ready to buy anytime.
thanx. :)

the OPPO BDP-103 is expected to be broadly available in the second half of October. Oppo started shipping the pre-order today.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back