Optimising SQ of Wharfedale Diamond 9.5

atozguy

Have anybody explored Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 with different amplifier brands, types, wattages, combinations, speaker cables to get optimal SQ? Intended mainly for music and the source will be a dedicated CDP.Would be great if you can share your experiences.

Regards
Gopinath J

i saw in a for for sale thread asking for my sub ,if you are willing i can sale my klipsch 12 sub :)

Hi,

Yamaha AS-500 should be a good match for it. I have heard Yamaha -AX 497 stereo amp with WHF 9.5, sounded good. Contact Vipul-Audio Tech, Chennai for Yamaha details.

Marantz PM6003 amp also sounded good, though was a bit under-powered when I had this speakers with me for a week.

N.Murali

I am usng them with CA AZUR 650A and Marantz CD 5004 as source. Though I have not tested in depth because of lack of time the speakers are good at LF and Hf but lacking slightly at Mids. Thes 9.5 are not that good for sterio music as they are basically designed for HT.

I am usng them with CA AZUR 650A and Marantz CD 5004 as source. Though I have not tested in depth because of lack of time the speakers are good at LF and Hf but lacking slightly at Mids. Thes 9.5 are not that good for sterio music as they are basically designed for HT.

I cant really comment about the 9.5 , however I do have the 9.6 .. yes the mids are a lot better because of the dedicated midrange driver.
However i dont feel the wharfedale 9 series were designed for HT ... I think they were initially designed for Stereo and because of a competitive market the center / dfs etc came in .
Infact 95% of the reviews of the 9 series are based on a stereo rig.
Even the B&W 800 series has a center. or for that matter Focal Grand Uthopia - I am talking about speakers that are in excess of Rs 1 million. their primary intention was Stereo but over the entire platter as well

anyway my take on the Wharfys is that
1. you need to give it considerable amount of time to break in .
2. make sure u place your 9.5 away from the back wall and side wall leave the condierable amount of gap . if its too close to the back wall , it will be boomy and will affect the soundstage . the mids will sound recessed
3. the 9.5/9.6 need considerate amount of power to start sounding good. with lower specced amps they do sound thin. that has been my observation. so more power = better sound

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back