Optoma HD20 from US-how to get-unbox and get or with box-avoid customs

yahoo0212

Hii..
Finally its coming... My optoma HD20..
I had purchased it few days back from amazon and was delivered at my cousin's place. He is coming in the last week of this month..

Here s a screenshot of the PJ showing up a football match ,..
He s more of a football freak than a movie one...

optomahd20.jpg

I need help and advise from other forum members who had made this purchase or any other pj from US regarding how to get the PJ in flight and avoid the Customs?:rolleyes: and protect the pj too..

1. Should I ask him to get it in Cabin baggage or His Luggage :rolleyes:
2. To be brought in the original box or take out the pj and wrap it between clothes ?
3. Any other points to be taken care of..
4. to carry the invoice or not?

please guide regarding the same... thanks in advance.. Cant wait to get my hands on the new PJ... :yahoo:

Hii..
Finally its coming... My optoma HD20..
I had purchased it few days back from amazon and was delivered at my cousin's place. He is coming in the last week of this month..

Here s a screenshot of the PJ showing up a football match ,..
He s more of a football freak than a movie one...

optomahd20.jpg

I need help and advise from other forum members who had made this purchase or any other pj from US regarding how to get the PJ in flight and avoid the Customs?:rolleyes: and protect the pj too..

1. Should I ask him to get it in Cabin baggage or His Luggage :rolleyes:
2. To be brought in the original box or take out the pj and wrap it between clothes ?
3. Any other points to be taken care of..
4. to carry the invoice or not?

please guide regarding the same... thanks in advance.. Cant wait to get my hands on the new PJ... :yahoo:
4 years ago I brought Wii game in its original pack on handbag. Went through Green channel without problems at New Delhi airport.
PJ box maybe large and difficult to put in handbag. I say - If coming through green channel, discard original box and try bringing PJ in handbag. If coming through Red Channel, put PJ with original box in checked baggage and pay applicable duty.

wats green channel and red channel ??

Green channel means the lane through which only the ppl pass who have nothing to declare to customs & just walk out without paying custom duty... Red channel means you have something to declare to customs & u go to that lane... Technically ur cousin should just walk through the green channel without a care in the world... But if he gets stopped you may have to pay custom duty on the projector... The custom duty will come to 15-20k plus so it is advisable to try & get it through the green channel...

Any other suggestions ?

me too in the same scenario...my friend who is buying n carrying said he will unpack the pj from its original box, put it in hand luggage (should weigh only 2.9kg)..and exit via green path :)

if bubble wrapped properly n covered with some clothes, i think it should do..

guys who have carried from US, pls comment...

I have carried the projector to india. Take it out of box. Put bubble wrap and then clothes around it. Put in the carry on. If planning to check in then put lots of bubble wrap. Make sure that projector is not loose in the bag, it should not move at all.
Go through the green channel. Most of the time, customs people treat it as PC accessory/Business projector and ignore it. Even if you have to pay duty on it, I believe its 10 or 15% because it qualifies as an IT item.

Deepak ..HFV member reported that , he had brought his Optoma in cabin baggage and on reaching here @india,, it started showing vertical lines,, deepak feels it might be due to the vibrations (although the package was in the cabin baggage only.)

Deepak ..HFV member reported that , he had brought his Optoma in cabin baggage and on reaching here @india,, it started showing vertical lines,, deepak feels it might be due to the vibrations (although the package was in the cabin baggage only.)

dont scare me:sad:

still lot of members have brought it without any issues i guess!

Sure, But its in Mumbai and I will be getting my hands on it by April 3rd week only.

aww man I could never be able to bear a w8 like that if I was in ur position... I would just book a tatkal ticket to mumbai & get this baby home :p... Anyway do post the pics when you get the projector :)...

aww man I could never be able to bear a w8 like that if I was in ur position... I would just book a tatkal ticket to mumbai & get this baby home :p... Anyway do post the pics when you get the projector :)...
Sure... ! But the wait wd be worth :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: :licklips:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back