Ordered some stuffs from AliExpress - Worried about receiving

alphacentury100

Hi all,
I ordered a 12Volt Trigger Cable and a Sunglass from AliExpress a month ago before the outburst of the Corona Virus. I havent received the package yet, but now I am concerned about accepting the package as it comes from China.
So, Should I accept the package when it gets delivered to me or shall I reject the package or shall I throw away the package without opening it.
How safe is it to accept the package?

Ordered few items in late December or early Jan, all were shipped in 1st of week of Jan. Waiting for delivery. Today in a casual conversation with our post man, he told that recently there is a decline in number of packages they are getting.

It's quite unlikely that the Corona Virus will survive AliExpress Shipping delays, so rest assured about accepting the package.
You'd need a biological medium to survive that long anyways.

To be doubly sure, you can wipe your device first time with surgical spirit before handling it. I think, we should avoid ordering from AliExpress for at least 6 months after the outbreak subsides.

Hi all,
I ordered a 12Volt Trigger Cable and a Sunglass from AliExpress a month ago before the outburst of the Corona Virus. I havent received the package yet, but now I am concerned about accepting the package as it comes from China.
So, Should I accept the package when it gets delivered to me or shall I reject the package or shall I throw away the package without opening it.
How safe is it to accept the package?

I received package 4-5days back from Ali-express, it was shipped on 11/19. I have read the article and it says it is very safe to accept parcel as it can not carry virus along with bcoz of different atmosphere exposure.

It's quite unlikely that the Corona Virus will survive AliExpress Shipping delays, so rest assured about accepting the package.
You'd need a biological medium to survive that long anyways.

To be doubly sure, you can wipe your device first time with surgical spirit before handling it. I think, we should avoid ordering from AliExpress for at least 6 months after the outbreak subsides.
What if someone spits sputum inside an air-tight plastic bag and packs it and shipps, Wont the virus survive the trip then? We can't trust the Chinese. They will definitely try to spread the virus in to our country, if they get the chance. Thats what I am concerned about. I have seen many videos in which the Corona infected people deliberately trying to spread their infection by spitting on things that public use.

Hi! The problem is that the nature and mode of transmission of the newly discovered corona virus is relatively unknown. Though it seems to be spreading via respiratory droplets, a new study says it may spread via feces also ;). A lot may data pertaining to the survivability of the virus is still being investigated actively. Every now and then new information is coming. Till such time it is prudent to follow extreme caution as the disease is highly fatal and has social implications. This article may be helpful. Regards

Last edited:
What if someone spits sputum inside an air-tight plastic bag and packs it and shipps, Wont the virus survive the trip then? We can't trust the Chinese. They will definitely try to spread the virus in to our country, if they get the chance. Thats what I am concerned about. I have seen many videos in which the Corona infected people deliberately trying to spread their infection by spitting on things that public use.
A little cynical today are we.
Why does this smell like news from the University of WhatsApp. No disrespect to you sir. Take such news with a pinch of salt.

Hi! The problem is that the nature and mode of transmission of the newly discovered corona virus is relatively unknown. Though it seems to be spreading via respiratory droplets, a new study says it may spread via feces also. A lot may data pertaining to the survivability of the virus is still being investigated actively. Every now and then new information is coming. Till such time it is prudent to follow extreme caution as the disease is highly fatal and has social implications. This article may be helpful. Regards

Thanks Doctor for the clarification.
So, I dont wish to take any risk. Even If i throw away the package, some one (like the scavenger) may open it. So I have decided to BURN the package using PETROL without opening it.
Hope burning will destroy all the viruses, if any, present inside the package. Wont it?

A little cynical today are we.
Why does this smell like news from the University of WhatsApp. No disrespect to you sir. Take such news with a pinch of salt.
Point taken sir. But I dont wish to take any risk in this matter. I am just being cautious ( perhaps over cautious, may be)

No sane person would do that :). Even Chinese govt is very cautious to allow any package from the affected area to leave the country. They have quarantined the whole province.

With aerosol transmission possibility, max survival outside body is less than 5 days so it won't survive that long in sputum, no need to worry. You can use surgical spirit as I explained earlier.

Don't go by propaganda videos, Chinese are as much human as we are. Humanity isn't dead my friend, this video series shows the amount of care a healthy husband is taking of Corona infected wife in Wuhan...

This is what is called pressing the panic button.:)
I am a doctor myself and have received multiple packages from Aliexpress since November. But lately there seems to some delay in the delivery of these orders.

Back