Ordering Electronic Components for DIY projects

mbhangui

Lot of us don't have the time to visit the local electronic market to buy discrete electronic components. I had a tough time to find out a convenient way to buy LME49990 op-amps and soic to dip adaptor. Finally after spending some time on the net I managed to buy these from

1. LME49990 from kitsnspare (by clicking element14 tab) - Welcome to Kits 'n' Spares -- Price List
Rs 2176 for 8 nos.

2. SMT Breakout PCB for SOIC-8, MSOP-8 or TSSOP-8 - 6 Pack! for Rs 448

Idea is to build a directory from where we can order quality components like
Resistors, capacitors, transformers, connectors, tools, etc. with the best price.

Let us hear it from all of you, of such sites and experience.

Always check your local market first. Especially for resistors, capacitors and semiconductors. They will be far cheaper in most cases. What you can't find you can buy on the Net. I recently bought a NE555 timer chip for Rs 9 each in the local market. I found it on the Net for Rs40/- each !
So search locally first before getting on to the Net. Each source has it's advantages and disadvantages. Especially critical and large devices like pots. They can be impossible to find locally and much cheaper on the Net than importing them. So check out everything before putting your money down.

Last edited:
Agree local market can be cheaper. But the fuel saved, time saved and the joy of sitting at home and things coming by courier - priceless.

Keith, George and Rajiv, the sites posted by you has made my day. Thank you.

You are right. It is convenient. I bought 15 NE555 chips. They cost me
Rs 135/-. On the Net it would have been Rs 600/- . So how much one buys is important. But yes, it's a pain going to the market. However I always find new interesting things and so going to the local market occasionally is always fascinating !

I tried element14.in and they have lot of items, but they seem to ask for TIN number for registering. Looks like it is a b2b site.

I know Sachin uses this extensively but may be he has TIN number.

Cheers.

I tried element14.in and they have lot of items, but they seem to ask for TIN number for registering. Looks like it is a b2b site.

I know Sachin uses this extensively but may be he has TIN number.

Cheers.

I had the same problem and I gave up and landed on kitsnspare which also uses element14. You can enter element14 part number on kitsnspare. But the kitsnspare site sucks.

element14 will ask you to use 'kits and spares' web site for individual purchases. There you don't need a TIN number. Not sure if the price advantage is the same.
On element14.in the price is inclusive of customs duty. If you have friend running a business they could always buy it for you.

@anilva, you can write to kitsandspares quoting element14 part numbers, and they will sell it to you in retail quantities. I've bought pots that way.

But the prices of some of their items are exorbitantly costly. For example, an item costing about Rs 480 on element14 costed me Rs 24 at Varsha Electronics in Lamington Road!

anilva, generally we copy order codes from element 14 site. Then click to kitnspares tab/link on element 14 website. There you search for part with order code and add to kart. No account required.

Hi,

I ordered some transistors from here ::: R S Semiconductor Pvt. Ltd. ::

they were hard to find in the local market and were expensive on element14, digikey, mouser etc. Luckily i found an online electronic parts store in Delhi itself. the components i received came genuine and at a very decent price.

Regards,
Aniket

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back