Orei BDP-M2 Multi Region Zone Code Free 2D/3D Blu Ray DVD Player

mathan

In a recent visit couple of month ago to USA I was tempted to buy this 3D region free bluray player as it was around $135 from Amazon.com. I did not think much of it as I just wanted to check out a 3D bluray player for this price. Though I connected it to the HT but did not have the time to check it out until couple of days back.

I had bought some 3D titles from there and I also had some bluray movies region locked to A, B and C. When I opened the packing I thought I would see some cheap bluray player but surprisingly the finishing was good without any sharp edges. It was also multi voltage 110-220V. it also has an option to connect to the network using RJ45 cable. I was able to play it out of the box. It also has two USB port, one in front and one in back and surprisingly it played all files even MP4 file with AAC encoded audio which I found even the WD player lacking to play. The remote is buggy as the response was not that good but since I had a Harmony 650 I was able to configure the settings of this bluray players remote.

I was able to bit stream the audio to the HT and it played all the region locked bluray movies of A,B and C. Once the disc is loaded on the tray it took around 7 seconds for the movie to be loaded and displayed on the TV. Both DTS-HD Mstr and Dolby Tru Hd are supported. Avatar 3D was good and immersive to watch. All the bluray movies were also good and I did not find any difference in the quality of the 1080p content between the Dune bluray player and this one.

In short this is a cheap 3D bluray player which plays all region Bluray and DVD's and can be considered but not sure if it would last long but since I bought it for $135 I think even if it lasts for a year I would be happy.

Thanks for the heads up. Agree... at that price it is a very good deal especially if it lasts.

Good reviews on Amazon too... though it seems the stocks are out.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back