Oswald Mills audio

square_wave

Conical horns with straight edges !!
These are speakers that are never in the mainstream audio show news. I once saw a long video about how these are manufactured. They are big into slate. Extremely finicky procceses. Money no object. Outrageously expensive. But I am sure they do something that nothing else out there can do. Any one heard any of this beauties ?

_DSC4955A.jpg

Too much hyped and not something as extraordinary as they are presented and priced as well, IIRC. Some firangi friends heard them but these were not really talked about.

There are a few “Un-sung DIY Heroes” who do their stuff on commercial and custom basis without much hype n hoopla and offer stuff which sounds top notch and worth every penny and with no outrageous $$$ tags.

Hawthorne Audio was one of those companies who created reference open baffle speakers while allowing the consumer to create their own quality speakers. I own a pair of Hawthorne speakers that were created by the gentleman who built many DIY and bespoke speakers for over 40 years.

aJV9MDf.jpg

v5i2GpM.jpg

OpFWTHQ.jpg

dgKZEiR.jpg

lcAzdXp.jpg

Thank you yogibear for the kind words. I am new to OB speakers and still learning about their topologies. Hopefully in the future I will experiment with other outboard crossovers and solid state amps for the Auggies (woofers). Their are so many choices in the DIY world in relationship to very high quality speakers in regards to price and performance. Madisound offers some superb Scan-Speak speaker kits that offer exceptional value to performance.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back