Output TV audio signals to the AVR ?

soamz

Hi, the Digital Audio Cable is already connected to the Panasonic Plasma TV.

The audio is fine, when I have the Videocon D2H or BluRay connected .

But if I insert a USB into the TV USB hub , then the audio is never being output on the AVR .

It plays on the TV only.

What am I missing ?

Yes, same for me here connecting to LG TV. I use Airtel HD connected to Onkyo. But generally if we use USB in TV hub I am not able to connect it through the AVR even though it is connected through the audio cable.

But if I insert a USB into the TV USB hub , then the audio is never being output on the AVR .

It plays on the TV only.

What am I missing ?

Check if you TV has digital output (Co-Axial/Optical) out....If it has, then you can connect your TV audio output to AVR & then enjoy...This should work...

I haven't tried this..juz suggesting..

It plays on the TV only.

What am I missing ?

If the TV is playing sound with USB the the issue is not due to USB. Have you routed the Audio out of the TV to TV?

The Audio could be fine with AVR when you are using D2H and Bluray as the sound could have been routed directly to AVR in these two cases.

AUDIO is fine, with D2H and BluRay , since the D2H has SPDIF connected to AVR and BluRay has the HDMI connected.

The Digital Audio Cable of TV is connected to the AVR only. Still no go :(

AUDIO is fine, with D2H and BluRay , since the D2H has SPDIF connected to AVR and BluRay has the HDMI connected.

If you have a HD STB, you can make use of HDMI connection to your receiver....

I think you need to tweak the Audio output settings on the TV then...Did you try this ?

In the sound setting of the TV, TV-speakers is to be changed to `Audio Out' or `Stereo System' as the case may be. I play movies/videos through USB input and get the sound to the AVR. Earphone out of TV is connected to `audio-in' of AVR. This input is to be selected in the AVR also. You can try this.

Soamz unless you have HDMI cable with ARC and ARC capable TV and AVR the audio from TV will not go to AVR automatically.

Please confirm the following.

A) you have connected the USB directly to TV and you are getting sound from TV
B) to route the above sound to AVR you need to connect a separate cable ( co axial, spdif, plain RCA) from your TV audio out to one of the inputs of the AVR
C) some Tvs require a setting change to be made from TV speakers to audio out
D) in addition you will have to select the appropriate input in your AVR

I can not think of any other reason. And above should work

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back