Over Ear Headphones for Movie Watching for ~ 2K

arjpillai

The Sony MDR XD-200 I used for almost a decade finally gave up. I always found the bass overwhelming for music and ended up using it for movie watching only.

Please suggest an over ear headphone in the 2K price range. It will not be used for music at all.

Not sure if I should mention this but the headphone will be driven by an Asus Xonar DG card.

Thanks for your reply.

Was scouring for options and found a post about Superlux 681 on another forum.

Any help on deciding which among the two (HD 202 ii and 681) will be the better choice?
Purpose is only, and only, movies and video consumption.

I ruled out the Sony cause of the on-ear design. Have gotten used to the comfort of my previous Sony, the XD-200.

Thanks for your reply.

Was scouring for options and found a post about Superlux 681 on another forum.

Any help on deciding which among the two (HD 202 ii and 681) will be the better choice?
Purpose is only, and only, movies and video consumption.

I ruled out the Sony cause of the on-ear design. Have gotten used to the comfort of my previous Sony, the XD-200.

HD 202 is good at this price... and also Sony MDR-XB450 with very good bass.

Thanks for the thread, I'm also looking for the same but with Bluetooth connectivity. Any suggestions? Around the price of about 3-4K.

Thanks guys. Will go for the HD 202 in all probability. Am searching around some more for reviews on the Superlux 681s just so that I don't regret not looking into them later. I realise 2K is not much of a budget but that is all I can afford at this point.

Thanks for the thread, I'm also looking for the same but with Bluetooth connectivity. Any suggestions? Around the price of about 3-4K.

You're welcome. Hope you find what you're looking for :)

Bought the HD202.

Bass is much much tighter than my XD-200, something I really like. Comfort is as good if not better. The cord looks a little thin compared to the XD-200 but nothing to worry about. Noise cancellation is excellent too. Looks like this pair will last a while.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back