Over the ear Closed wireless Headphone about 15k

manju_rn

I am looking for over the ear, closed wireless Headphone in the range of 15k. I would be playing from Samsung Galaxy S8 with 320kpbs songs (they are of great quality). I like neutral and natural sound. Mids should be very clear as i look for voice clarity.

Let me know the suggestions.

If you are looking for neutral and natural sound, I suggest you go for studio monitors. Audio technica ATH-M50 is a very good monitor and costs around 10k. AKG K271 MKii is also good and costs around 12k on Amazon.

I hope you are aware of the fact that neutral and natural sounding headphones does not have lot of bass. They try to balance all frequency bands (low, mid and highs) and have a good sound-stage.

I am looking for over the ear, closed wireless Headphone in the range of 15k. I would be playing from Samsung Galaxy S8 with 320kpbs songs (they are of great quality). I like neutral and natural sound. Mids should be very clear as i look for voice clarity.

Hello Manju,

Kindly take a look at: https://www.amazon.in/Status-Audio-...8&qid=1525621691&sr=8-1&keywords=status+audio

It is not wireless but the other specs should meet your requirement for almost half your budget. It has very strong reviews on amazon.com
I have purchased one and is on the way from US. So I can't share any first hand experience, yet. The price in US on their own website is around $55 with coupon code.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Thanks all. However, i have increased my budget to about 35k. Which headphones would come under this range. I am not inclined towards bass. Natural music is more suitable with absolute crispness on mids for vocals.

I plan to keep this set for atleast 3 -4 years.

Thanks Ravindra. However, I would want to go for established names - and frankly do not like the design of Vmoda - Headphones for me are always oval!

I believe my options are Sennheiser PXC 550 or Momentum 2.0. or B&W PX. Not really fan of any other brands. I would like Audio Technica - but which are the models in this premium range?

Last edited:
Thanks Ravindra. However, I would want to go for established names - and frankly do not like the design of Vmoda - Headphones for me are always oval!

I believe my options are Sennheiser PXC 550 or Momentum 2.0. or B&W PX. Not really fan of any other brands. I would like Audio Technica - but which are the models in this premium range?

IMO, for a great experience in decent/good budget, look no further than ATH-M50xs. I have the entry level ones from this very series & just waiting for them to go kaput, so that, I can purchase the 50Xs. But, I'm sure, this won't happen anytime in future! ;)

See this site...based on your expectations / criteria ,,,,,it will give you a list....you see those models and brands and share with us.....we will help you steer to the right one

https://www.headphonezone.in/?gclid...mdzLHN55fb7-zlOsfVJeDR7FGnP9StZ4aAktrEALw_wcB

Thanks everybody. I fianlly decided for ATH-MSR7. These are wired ones but they outpeform those high end ones i auditioned which had more of techno gimmicry and less of pure sound quality. MSR7 has terrific sound, a slightly bright and mids are crystal clear. Listening to music is a pure joy. Although they are good enough for directly be driven from phones, channeling from ipad provides necessary power for those 35 ohms and they open up. I have yet to connect them to amps and explore their range. In my opinion they beat M-50X hands down, but i guess M50x is more for monitoring.

Now with the money saved looking for good amps as well as small bluetooth adapter like btune v35 to see if wireless helps. Lets see!

Last edited:
Now realized that although msr7 can be driven well with phones, i have to keep the volume at 90% or even higher. Lookout started for best portable amps - Fiio ranges start quote expensive, was looking something good within 2000

None of Schitt in my budget. The only one that fits is Fiio A1 which is underpowered - my Ipad Mini has better amplification

Hi,

I recently bought the Sony WH-1000XM2. They are equally (or even highly rated) than the Bose QC35 II on some sites. They have NFC and stunning NC which is the best currently available today. Battery life is amazing of around 30 hrs with full charge and close to 40 hrs with a wired connection.

They are selling for around 30k on Amazon India, but you can get a better deal for around 21k on Paytm Mall with cashback discount.

Do check them out.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

I assembled a Rpi3 + JustBoom DAC hat this comes with headphone slot which is amplified. The sound quality is just awesome. It may be a perfect match for thse MSR 7. Now i need to DIY battery pack for this Rpi3 + justboom contraption.

With sound please also consider the way you can maintain your headphones over years.. Been using Sennheiser for almost 12 years now.. just replacing the spares as when needed. They are good at maintaining the cushions and bands over years which is also an integral part of sound signature which no other company does.. chk their website as sale is happening for some models.. https://shop.sennheiserindia.com/collections/sale/products/hd-599-high-end-around-ear-headphones
cheers,kannan

yep. already have thoughts about different ear pads. However, don't think with my usage I can keep it for that long (say about 5 years max). Frankly, I'll be bored not to try another ones :) However, enjoying those ATH-MSR7. I think I cannot go back to sennheiser for sometime now - however, I do wanted to buy PXC 550, but realized I don't need NC as well as wireless. The isolation in MSR7 is terrific.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back