Panasonic 46-50" plasmas in Mumbai

jai1611

Hi Folks

I've been using a Panasonic 42" plasma for three years now and have been quite happy with it. I am feeling the upgrade now. My viewing distance is 15' so I would like to go for a larger panel. I've visited a few showrooms in the last few weeks (Vijay Sales, Croma, eZone) and have demoed some 46-55" LCD and LED TVs. So far, the experience has been underwhelming. Unfortunately, the only plasmas I've been able to see in that size are the entry level LG and Panasonic.

I am quite keen to demo the better Panasonic plasmas as I'm quite happy with the image quality on my existing panel. Any suggestions on where I can do this in Mumbai? I live in south Mumbai but can travel to other parts of the city for this. Also, any suggestions on models? I generally dont like using 3D. My sources are a mix of SD and HD.

Thanks
Jaibir

Hi Folks

I've been using a Panasonic 42" plasma for three years now and have been quite happy with it. I am feeling the upgrade now. My viewing distance is 15' so I would like to go for a larger panel. I've visited a few showrooms in the last few weeks (Vijay Sales, Croma, eZone) and have demoed some 46-55" LCD and LED TVs. So far, the experience has been underwhelming. Unfortunately, the only plasmas I've been able to see in that size are the entry level LG and Panasonic.

I am quite keen to demo the better Panasonic plasmas as I'm quite happy with the image quality on my existing panel. Any suggestions on where I can do this in Mumbai? I live in south Mumbai but can travel to other parts of the city for this. Also, any suggestions on models? I generally dont like using 3D. My sources are a mix of SD and HD.

Thanks
Jaibir

Check the V20 or ST30 in 50". Dont know abt south mumbai but Kohinoor has it on display at Andheri West. Link road opp fame cinemas.

I had almost the same requirements, and with the help of hifivision.com's esteemed members I have decided to go for Panasonic ST30 :)

You should also have a look a it...

hi jai
You can contact Panasonic brand shop at crawford market and check if they have the said piece for demo
I had purchased a 32 LCD from them and they gave a better price then croma and ezone

I visited the Panasonic store this weekend. They had 4 50" panels on display: ST30, V20, U and X. On HD content, ST30 and V20 seemed to have similar performance and were clearly superior to the U and X panels. I was quoted 85k for the V20 and 102k for the ST30. Are these prices fair or can I try for something better?

I subsequently visited a few other stores to look at LED/LCD panels. I quite liked the Sony EX720 series and LG 3730 (I think) in 46/47" and the sony also in 55". Initially liked the Samsung 5000 series but it looked markedly worse than the other two LEDs on SD content. The colours seemed more natural on the LEDs (Sony / LG), although I suspect that the plasmas at the panasonic showroom were not calibrated properly.

I also saw the Panasonic X30 and LG plasma model side by side. The LG beat the X30 but otherwise wasnt too impressed.

I am trying to decide between the Panasonic V20 and the 46/47" LED options (55" too expensive). May also look at some LCD models for comparison.

I visited the Panasonic store this weekend. They had 4 50" panels on display: ST30, V20, U and X. On HD content, ST30 and V20 seemed to have similar performance and were clearly superior to the U and X panels. I was quoted 85k for the V20 and 102k for the ST30. Are these prices fair or can I try for something better?

I subsequently visited a few other stores to look at LED/LCD panels. I quite liked the Sony EX720 series and LG 3730 (I think) in 46/47" and the sony also in 55". Initially liked the Samsung 5000 series but it looked markedly worse than the other two LEDs on SD content. The colours seemed more natural on the LEDs (Sony / LG), although I suspect that the plasmas at the panasonic showroom were not calibrated properly.

I also saw the Panasonic X30 and LG plasma model side by side. The LG beat the X30 but otherwise wasnt too impressed.

I am trying to decide between the Panasonic V20 and the 46/47" LED options (55" too expensive). May also look at some LCD models for comparison.

V20 , i was quoted 80k. For the led tv's these are running tv's as most ppl are buying lcd-led's as promoted by all showrooms so check the grey market. Had seen the sony 55" led with 3d which the dealer recd for 110k.

I bought the 50v20 in Bangalore for 73.5k yesterday, so I am sure you can get better prices. Try the bulk dealers (Croma/Vijay Sales...).

pana 50v20D at 73.5k thats a cool price... anyone bought it for that price at mumbai

Panasonic 50v20D - The quote I got in Chennai was to price match adishwar (a price I got from this forum) at B'lore - 76.

73.5 seems like a very sweet deal - does it include the 2 glasses and the wireless adapter and 3 years warranty?

Panasonic 50v20D - The quote I got in Chennai was to price match adishwar (a price I got from this forum) at B'lore - 76.

73.5 seems like a very sweet deal - does it include the 2 glasses and the wireless adapter and 3 years warranty?

Glasses for what ? :eek: watch 2d tv in 3d :D not possible. I think its just the TV with 3 years warranty for that price.

Glasses for what ? watch 2d tv in 3d not possible. I think its just the TV with 3 years warranty for that price.

:)

I was posting the prices for the V20,VT20 and 51D550 in the TV price thread and forgot that the V20 is 2D.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back