Panasonic 50ST30 dead, need a replacement but...

Naveen_Reloaded

I owned a 50ST30 Plasma TV

http://www.hifivision.com/television/21554-panasonic-st30-owners-thread.html

It recently died and since they cant find the replacement board for my TV they are willing to take it back for 30K

Should i ask for replacement or should i negotiate for higher price , they added depreciation(4+yrs now) ,etc , i tried to talk but dont know how to proceed

Now will they be willing to give it as cash if i ask them ? I didnt ask them till now, said i will take another panasonic TV from them... still in doubt though

They gave me price quotes

All CX700 series are above 1Lakh , mainly for 3d and hexachroma display tech , is it worth it ?

I found a non 3d CS580 49" at 85K , so after reduction i might pay about 50K and has hexachroma tech.

I had some fun time with 3D , so wanted to have it , but those which have are too costly.My budget is around 50-80K (+30K from panasonic)

If they can give me that money , which other 49"+ TV best at the above said price range ?

I am very confused...

I had the best experience with plasma , so kindly suggest the best replacement.

I found this

https://paytm.com/shop/p/panasonic-...d-tv-full-hd-LARPANASONIC-THELEC318451FEFF777

The cost variation is enormous.. how reliable in online purchase of the TV, the TV is available on amazon too

Panasonic TH-49CS580D 124 cm Full HD Smart LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics

Update :

The Regional Manager called me and was asking about my decision , i asked him whether refund was possible.. he said it is , but its time consuming process.. If at all we agree to go for refund , what is the best TV to buy for 85K - 1 lakh for 50 and above inch TV

Hello Naveen,

So sorry to be hear about the demise of your TV. TVs are at crossroads now with 4K coming in. In fact Sharp is said to be coming with an 8K for $133000 in October-November 2015!!! (Though not for consumers)

There are also so many 4K tvs now within your budget range meaning 50-80 + the 30 for your dead panasonic. So I would weigh my options with regards to buying just an FHD TV now.

I would also not give so much priority with regards a 3D TV as the whole concept seems be a failure. Making sure atleast the HDMI inputs are compliant with 2.2, HECV 265 seems to be my way of thinking.

There seems to be a mid range 4K panasonic released in the US which is compliant with the new standards. Whether they will release it in India is another question. :)

I will give you this TV link soon. I had read about it and forgot the link. I will search and post the link.

Here goes the link:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/panasonic-tc-58ax800u-review-2/

Vinod

Last edited:
Thanks Vinod

HAve been cross checking the price given by the panasonic regional manager. All are standard price , no reduction , but he said he will reduce once i fix the model.But how much i can negotiate with the company itself is a big question, while online prices seems to be very less , for eg 49cs580 is quoted 84,900 from manager ,while on Flipkart which is kind of high its 68K while on amazon its 74K , but still way cheaper than his quote.

I agree on your point of 4K . In that i think i should let go of 3D option , it was fun ..

Thanks for giving a headsup on HDMI compatibility , will look into it too.

Is your suggested model available now ?

This is ebay link i found , costs 1.75L PANASONIC TC-58AX800U AX800 Series 4K Ultra HD TV - 58" Class (57.5" Diag.)

but i damn sure its very inflated .

read the review.

I will enquire about its availabilty , any idea on new Hexa chroma technology on panasonic ? is it worth that much money ? Also not many series support 4k , please help me out .

As many of our more experienced members would tell you, the best natural picture is usually obtained with all types of processing turned off. I have read the review before posting it. I am not saying you should go for it, but for sure make sure that you make your TV as future proof as possible.

I do not know what this "Hexa......" is but let us make sure it is not "marketing" and hype another excuse to hike the price of the TV and not give us any tangible benefits.

Even I am sure when you tuned your plasma, you would have tried to turn off all kinds of processing to get the best picture? I did with my used panasonic plasma.

A good picture quality, complaint to new colour gamut standards would be the way to go, or if not possible buy the cheapest 50 incher (like say Micromax, VU etc) wait for the standards to stabilize and then go for one which take care of all the new standards.

I do not know if you read or not, Panasonic Japan has released a new Ultra HD blu ray player cum recorder which is complaint with the new standards. So even a 4K TV which is not compliant might run into problems in the future.

I am just airing my opinions here. I welcome correction if what I said is wrong here. :)

Last edited:
Your point is correct , but This hexa chroma thing looks like a sub pixel level color division into 6 parts , than mere RGB , thats why i asked if anyone has any idea on how it looks ?

True , i turned off most the option in my st30D ,nor did they made any significant improvement in PQ.

I will ask for the price of AX800U , saw the reviews , it seems its close to plasma colors ,thats a bug plus point.

Any other model in panasonic and also in other brand i should keep an eye on ?

I cant buy an intermediate TV , my family wont allow , i think you know the indian mentality... :)

I remember when I bought my now defunct Panasonic CRT 100 Hrtz TV in 2001, they said 8 times gradation picture as compared to other normal CRT TVs with 720p progressive scanning and 1080i. It was one of the reasons that I had bought that TV and I must say, its picture quality was amazing.

Yet to see a 29 CRT to beat it including Philips.

I will have a closer look at this hexa chroma thing and let you know. I found a Xiaomi TV pretty interesting and I will post off a link for you.

Again give me some time, as I search for it.

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_announces_60inch_4k_mi_tv_3-blog-14550.php

Last edited:
Thanks vinod , IIRC you and others helped me last time buy my 50ST30 ...

Thanks once again for helping me out.. One reason i love this forum..

I did help you? I do not remember helping you out for this TV. :), If I did, sorry it should have lasted more than it did. Thanks once more.

I will try to have the answer for the Hexa thing by tomorrow.

Hi Naveen, I would suggest you to get the refund but it would take some time.
In my case I opted for refund when my 50ST30 died and it took close to 45 days to get the DD from them. But i went ahead and bought the new TV immediately after i submitted the required paper work to initiate the refund process.

The new panasonic TV which i bought outside for Rs.89,000 was quoted for Rs. 1,05,000 by panasonic. Also you might not get the festive offers if you get the new TV as replacement.

sunshine_vsk , exactly , panasonic manager said these offer wont be entertained since its a new TV from company itself.

I think i might go for a refund.

also at present since i am in my college and need for the TV is very less , i might even wait out for diwali or even new year.. Not that urgent.

I did help you? I do not remember helping you out for this TV. :), If I did, sorry it should have lasted more than it did. Thanks once more.

I will try to have the answer for the Hexa thing by tomorrow.

I think that series was plagued with a faulty A board. Thats the price you pay for going for latest , than the time tested ones.

Its ok. I think i might settle for refund and wait out for next offer time , diwali or newyear or even pongal as at present i wont have time to watch the new TV too.

Also thinking of upgrading my hometheatre to nice setup. I made a huge mistake by going in for HTiB , than hifi users suggesting to go for solid 2.1 setup and then upgrading to 5.1

I am also in one kind of similar situation with my 42" VT20 dead last week. Which TV are you thinking as replacement for your 50ST30? Will it deliver comparable picture quality?

I had a look at this hexa chroma technology. It seems to be something similar to what sharp did to the basic RGB by having yellow separately in the processing. Panasonic seems to be doing the same, however this time with 3 more colours.

How effective it is will have to be seen with a proper demo of the same technology. They are saying that on many websites of a stronger colour gamut due to this technology. Well, I guess we will have to wait and see.

http://www.gadgetguy.com.au/panasonics-2015-tv-range-is-mostly-4k-all-firefox/

The ball is in your court. :)

Last edited:
Vinod , I asked about AX800 , Manager said the model is not available since its an outdated one. It will be difficult task to get hold of one . I told him i need the best price from the company or else i will go for refund and possibly to other brand. He is insisting that i fix the model , so that we can negotiate the price. I have asked him to quote price for CX700 - 49" and CS580 49" for now.

Please suggest a current line model from panasonic ... this is just to see how much good price i can get from the manager , if he is not matching the online price , i will directly go for refund and possibly some other model.

Thanks for looking up on Hexa Chroma , I yesterday went to fun mall in coimbatore and asked for demo of CX series , they had none. want to demo the Hexa Chroma before buying it , but the idea behind it seems solid and if guess correctly , this tech might be adopted for coming series as this is a new way to use more color , atleast from panasonic.

@AMITNOIDA

Vinod suggested AX800, but availability seems the problem. I still in dilemma on which one to get.

If the price is good from panasonic , i will go for ther new lineup :( or else totally new brand, like sony or samsung.

Thanks , but do you think its worth or just a marketting gimmick ?

I cant find any review on hexa chroma tech , and most of the CX series review dont even mention the technology.

LOL , already i am bit down for going for 49" than my prev 50" , TBH , what the hell with 49 , and not add one more inch to it ? and make it 50 inch...

Also did you see ,panasonic didnt launch CX600 series , except for a stupid 42 inch , whereas in singapore or malaysia , they have full line of CX600 , ie CX700 without 3D ..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back