Panasonic 55LX850DX TV

PCA

Hi,

In the market for a 55 inch TV. Previous TV purchase was way back in 2014!

Saw this model at an electronic store nearby and found it to be quite nice. The salesman claimed it to be Panasonic's latest (2022) model from their premium budget series. It was recommended over Sony's budget X75K (2022) range, despite the 55inch Sony X75K being more expensive. I think is has Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, which seems to be missing from the Sony X75K series. Unfortunately, precious little info and no reviews available online regarding this model.

Request feedback from any owners of this model on this forum or knowledgeable video enthusiasts. Our requirement is exclusively for watching content (including sports) on OTT platforms like Netflix, Prime Video, Hotstar, SonyLIV and VOOT.

Thanks,
Paulose

comparing Sony with Panasonic is like comparing apples to oranges.
Sony/LG cater to different market segment and are more of a consumer brand.

I'm also in same situation like your, using viera since 2013 or so, now thinking to update to some big screen by end of this year, but not sure how is the quality control of Panasonic these days... as more or less every brand now focuses on gimmicks than quality.

I never liked LG/Sony - the color reproduction is too much saturated to my liking. back in days even videocon PQ were more "neutral" .

I'm also in same situation like your, using viera since 2013 or so, now thinking to update to some big screen by end of this year, but not sure how is the quality control of Panasonic these days... as more or less every brand now focuses on gimmicks than quality.

I never liked LG/Sony - the color reproduction is too much saturated to my liking. back in days even videocon PQ were more "neutral" .
Hi,

I finally ended up buying the Hisense 55inch ULED. On closer scrutiny I found that the Panasonic did not have a 3.5 mm headphone out (and only had an optical out), which was a deal-breaker for me.

Cheers,
P

My views are very similar. However, I'm willing to buy a LG because I find no good replacement to Viera. If you find one, I'll be very keen to know about it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back