Panasonic 58 inch TH-58D300DX Full HD LED TV

madhavk8

Hey guys,

After more than 5 years, my beloved Samsung 51D550 plasma panel went bust. They are asking 30k to fit a new panel. So I am considering buying a new TV. Most of the Samsung, LG's 55+ inchers etc are 1.3L and above and then I saw this Panasonic 58 inch TH-58D300DX full hd tv on both flipkart and amazon available for 65k and 5k for 2 years extended warranty.

Has anyone bought the Panasonic TH-58D300DX? I am ok without 4k if its a pretty good 1080p tv and can forgive less than stellar black levels. Please post a review if someone has bought this panasonic tv hopefully with some photos.

Second option I have on ebay I have seen imported 55inch Samsung ku6000 4k tv selling for around 80k with 1 year dealer warranty and the seller seems to have lot of good feedback from buyers. You think it will be worth the risk?

Third option I have quote from Devi International for 49 inch Philips 7700 series 4k tv. Anyone reviews for this tv?

Waiting for some feedback from you guys.

Thanks and Regards,
Madhav

TH-58D300DX - The reviews seem to be positive mostly.
Paytm is priced the same model at 66399, you can get a cashback off 8632. Good deal I guess.

Hey, Just saw this thread, and in case you were still wondering about the TV, go for it. I've been using one since January and it's absolutely fantastic. It's quite vibrant and black levels seem quite good. I use it mostly for gaming and it handles my xbox one and PS4 perfectly.

Can u please check whether it upscales SD content well for normal TV viewing 8-14 feet distance.
Is it problem free so far without backlight bleeding etc

Can u please check whether it upscales SD content well for normal TV viewing 8-14 feet distance.
Is it problem free so far without backlight bleeding etc

I can check with tata sky+ if thats okay? Personally I've played 480p and 360p content via the xbox one and it looks great. There's no backlight bleeding that i've noticed, but there is some darkness in corners that is only visible when viewing extremely bright single color content (like the netflix loading screen or the Xbox one boot screen). My Viewing distance is about 6ft if that helps.

I can check with tata sky+ if thats okay? .

I also have tata sky. So that will be fine. Does it have any optical out/Audio Return Channel?
This model is available in various websites for Rs 65000-66000 with standard installation and no wall mount. But Panasonic website does not feature this. perhaps they have discontinued this model?
Any idea how it compares with Shinobi pro models?

Panasonic Televisions- LED Flat Screen TV, LED & LCD TV, Best LED TV, Best LCD TV

SD channels look okay. I'd say SD content that is via pen drive or xbox/chromecast looks much better as they are better suited for widescreen. No idea how the tv compares to shinobi series.

SD channels look okay. I'd say SD content that is via pen drive or xbox/chromecast looks much better as they are better suited for widescreen. No idea how the tv compares to shinobi series.
Just ended up placing the order for this TV. Searched the forums and did not see many posts, pictures and reviews of the same. Also unable to find the details on Panasonic website. It would be great if you can share some pics and a review as it would help other perspective buyers on the same. The delivery of the TV should happen next week hopefully.

Last edited:
I have been looking at the 58 incher and also 49E400D from panasonic. although the 58 incher is not old model the pana website does not mention it. I saw in the showroom with Sd content etc but it requires some distance maybe 8-10 feet for set top box sd content, full Hd is fantastic but my worry was being an odd size screen (55 is more prevalent) whether spare screen would be available if required down the years. keeping in view the distance and future panel replacement factor I am going in for the 49 incher whose details are available in Pana site. But my heart is with 58 incher.

I have been looking at the 58 incher and also 49E400D from panasonic. although the 58 incher is not old model the pana website does not mention it. I saw in the showroom with Sd content etc but it requires some distance maybe 8-10 feet for set top box sd content, full Hd is fantastic but my worry was being an odd size screen (55 is more prevalent) whether spare screen would be available if required down the years. keeping in view the distance and future panel replacement factor I am going in for the 49 incher whose details are available in Pana site. But my heart is with 58 incher.

Few years down the line the cost of the spare screen would be more than the cost of a new TV of the same size.

A few vertical lines have started appearing on my Samsung 51E8000 tv. Called the Samsung guy for a repair quote and he said the new panel with installation would come to around 55-60k.

Go for the largest size you can afford. The TV can be made "smarter" with the addition of a few devices like the Chromecast etc. The only thing that can't be changed is the size of the TV and the quality of the panel. Whatever is the best available in your budget, go for that.

I have the same 51e8000 plasma and today saw a vertical line too 5 years old tv. Could have been there before as its only visible up close. I agree with you get the largest you can get. Should have gotten the 64e8000.

I would not advise to go for a smaller screen just because you are worried about spare parts in near future. The cost of replacing the panel is huge regardless of the size and it works out cheaper to buy a new TV. The size difference is huge between a 49 and a 58 inch TV. Also you can always buy a good media player for playing content which would make the TV smart.
So take a call keeping in mind your current requirement and needs, do not think about failures and panel replacement as i do not feel that is the right approach.

Even I am considering this set.Actually here at my place,Aditya vision is offering it for 65K alongwith airtel dth,2yrs. warranty and Philips Soundbar.
Earlier I was vacillating between VU and Sanyo 49 incher fhd but somehow couldn't conclude my decision.A little bent towards Sanyo.But now I m unable to decide whether this difference of around 35K is justified or not ?
I have taken a look at the set in the store and it looked good.Also saw Zee TV in SD.It looked a bit grainy from a distance of about 4 feet.HD channel looked good though.
I m going to book a TV(Sanyo or panasonic)either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Any suggestions would be welcome:)

Even I am considering this set.Actually here at my place,Aditya vision is offering it for 65K alongwith airtel dth,2yrs. warranty and Philips Soundbar.
Earlier I was vacillating between VU and Sanyo 49 incher fhd but somehow couldn't conclude my decision.A little bent towards Sanyo.But now I m unable to decide whether this difference of around 35K is justified or not ?
I have taken a look at the set in the store and it looked good.Also saw Zee TV in SD.It looked a bit grainy from a distance of about 4 feet.HD channel looked good though.
I m going to book a TV(Sanyo or panasonic)either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Any suggestions would be welcome:)

SD content on a 58' tv from 4 feet would look grainy. Did you try moving back a bit and watching the same over 6 feet distance. As with a screen size that big one thing you need to keep in mind is the viewing distance and what content you would be playing. 65k is way too expensive, you can get cheaper deals online. DTH and soundbar are addon. Check with dealer if he can knock of 15k for the same. Then you would get the TV for 50k or lower which is a good deal. Personally i have bought a Blaunpunkt soundbar for the same from Flipkart as a good offer was running. Link given below.

https://www.flipkart.com/blaupunkt-...ndbar/p/itmevufca6hkpdys?pid=ACCEVUFCSED4XCGH

i felt at least 8-10 feet distance was required for DTH SD channels for the 58 incher in showrooms to offer respectable viewing. So keeping my room size and seating I have decided on basic 49 inch Panasonic as there is more flexibility in seating distance for all types of resolution. if you have the distance go for 58 incher.

Is it advisable to buy from paytm if the seller has got good ratings ?

Yes you can, Last year i bought Panasonic TV from Paytm in January 2016.
This year i got the 58 Panasonic.

Few things have changed when compared to last year. Last year Panasonic did the installation. This year Paytm is doing the installation seems there is some deal they have with Panasonic. If you call a Panasonic engineer for installation you have to pay charges for the same. Warranty remains the same and is honored by Panasonic, you just need the invoice for the same.

Yes you can, Last year i bought Panasonic TV from Paytm in January 2016.
This year i got the 58 Panasonic.

Few things have changed when compared to last year. Last year Panasonic did the installation. This year Paytm is doing the installation seems there is some deal they have with Panasonic. If you call a Panasonic engineer for installation you have to pay charges for the same. Warranty remains the same and is honored by Panasonic, you just need the invoice for the same.
May I know the title of the seller from whom You ordered your Panny and how many days did it take to arrive at your location ?
And was it company sealed for sure ?
Nevertheless Congratulations for this beast of Yours.Should like an in-depth review of it asap.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back