• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Panasonic DMP-BD55 Blu-ray player.

Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series

sanjay0864

SOLD

Manufacturer: Panasonic
Model: DMP-BD55
Country of Origin: USA
Voltage: 100-110V
Blu-ray Region: 'A'
DVD Region: '1'
Firmware: Ver 2.0
Special Features:
Built in 'DTS-HD Master Audio' & 'Dolby TrueHD' decoding
7.1 Analog audio outputs for HD audio.

Condition: As good as New (Opened and used to just compare performance)
Sale price: Rs. 14,000/- (Will consider a lower offer)

Panasonic DMP-BD55

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Attachments

• DSC01922.jpg
    DSC01922.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC01923.jpg
    DSC01923.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC01937.jpg
    DSC01937.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

kapvin

it's not that there is no interest.. check out the blu-ray threads

it's just that not all the Hi-fi vision guys are in your city and also the metro city members seem to have better access to audio both thru dealers & grey market.

having said that, I'm sure you realise that even this model's successor (BD-80) is now end of line soon to be replaced by the BD 85.

cheers

sanjay0864

it's just that not all the Hi-fi vision guys are in your city and also the metro city members seem to have better access to audio both thru dealers & grey market.
I had figured this would be an issue, but even then the NCR (National Capital Region) is a pretty large area.

having said that, I'm sure you realise that even this model's successor (BD-80) is now end of line soon to be replaced by the BD 85.
True, but the fact also is that the BD-80 is absolutely identical to the BD-55, except for the addition two totally frivilous features, ie. 'Viera Cast' and 'Amazon Video On-Demand'. In any case, it is because I realize the BD55 is an old model, that I have priced it much lower than what I myself paid for it, ie. US$ 400 + tax. In fact the DMP-BD55 is currently selling for $699 & $799 by the two Amazon sellers still selling the player. In any case if someone is interested in buying the player and the price is an issue, I am willing to consider all offers.

kapvin

Hi Sanjay0864,

I empathise with your situation; since I am going to be putting some of my "not used" AV stuff on the market soon; I know that there will be a mismatch between what I truly believe the stuff is worth and a third party's assessment of the value. i guess the trick is to give a base non-negotiable price, and stick to it!

I will definitely be in line to buy your oppo once you tire of it though!

I would like to quote for this bd55 (possibly for my parents), but a few clarifications -

1. out of city buyers - how will you manage the logistics?
2. do you have access to a multi region kit for this model?
3. how is the PQ compared to your current BD?

cheers

sanjay0864

I empathise with your situation; since I am going to be putting some of my "not used" AV stuff on the market soon; I know that there will be a mismatch between what I truly believe the stuff is worth and a third party's assessment of the value. i guess the trick is to give a base non-negotiable price, and stick to it!
Believe me, I have lots of experience with having to deal with losses faced due to my passion for A/V. I also totally used to the idea of other's assessing my equipment or my audio/video collection ridiculously lower than what I paid for. In fact I am currently facing a dilemma regarding my DVD collection of approx 2400 titles (1850 English + 550 Hindi), which I would like to sell. Please keep in mind that these are all US, 'Region 1' releases, for which I paid an average of Rs. 1500 per title for the English DVDs and Rs. 1300 per title for the Hindi US releases, thus for a collection that I have spent approximately 32 lakh rupees on, I am totally lost on what would be a reasonable price to quote for the collection. There are some who have even had the gall of quoting cheap pirated DVD prices as a benchmark. My problem is that I don't even have the space to store my DVDs anymore and in fact my DVD collection is currently, boxed and stored in the basement of a friend's office.

I would like to quote for this bd55 (possibly for my parents), but a few clarifications -

1. out of city buyers - how will you manage the logistics?
2. do you have access to a multi region kit for this model?
3. how is the PQ compared to your current BD?
1. Honestly, I had not thought about buyers from outside the 'National Capial Region'.
2. No. I don't have a multi region kit for this player. I had considered getting a kit and modifying the player to make it easier to sell, but then decided against it, for I felt I would be just blocking more money in the player.
3. For BD picture quality one would be really hard pressed to tell a difference between the Panasonic DMP-BD55 or the Oppo BD83 or for that matter the PS3. But, in the case of DVDs, the Oppo clearly outshines the Panasonic BD55 and the PS3.