Panasonic DMP BDT-220 NTSC output on PAL TV

jsmithe

A question for the gurus,

The video system for the BDT-220 at Panasonic USA is shown as NTSC.

Would that mean a NTSC-PAL converter, if such a thing even exists and works properly, is required to use it with a Sony HX850 (India)? I was able to find a color system setting for the HX850 that allows to select between PAL, NTSC etc for analog TV, but nothing for HDMI, Component Video.

Thanks for the reply indicating PAL/NTSC is not a problem for BD playback.

One more question, will DVD playback from a Panasonic BDT-220 Bluray player purchased in the US be possible on a PAL TV assuming the BDP is made region free?

Last edited:
Indian TVs are multisystem. So there will be no problem. Moreover HDMI is digital and is not affected by PAL/NTSC as far as I know.

However, if you try to play a PAL DVD on the US BDT220, it may not play. PAL DVDs do not play on my US Sony BDP-S360 (even region free DVD).

Indian TVs are multisystem. So there will be no problem. Moreover HDMI is digital and is not affected by PAL/NTSC as far as I know.

However, if you try to play a PAL DVD on the US BDT220, it may not play. PAL DVDs do not play on my US Sony BDP-S360 (even region free DVD).

Thanks for the clarification. I will have to stream the PAL DVD's via DLNA or keep my old DVD player around I suppose. I have quite a bunch of PAL DVD's.

I am waiting on a US BDT220 after i-parcel(from amazon uk) managed to "lose" the Toshiba BDX3200 I ordered and see from your sig. and posts regarding the BDT220 that you have managed to make it region free.

I have a question regarding mode of payment towards the donation for the update. Will a CC payment work or do I need a Paypal account? If you'd rather not answer this in the thread, could you PM me?

You need Paypal for the donation to the firmware site. Period. :(

Thanks. Am off to go resurrect my Paypal account.

The things the movie studios make us go through with their stupid region coding :mad:. Make one want to go over to the dark side.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back