Panasonic DMP-BDT210 can't stream videos from PC anymore

collinsc

My Panasonic DMP-BDT210 just developed a strange problem, after working flawlessly for almost three years.

It can no longer stream videos from my PC using the DLNA feature, although I can still use it to view photos or play music from my Win 7 desktop PC.

Here's the process I've always used:
1) Starting from the Home menu, select Network.
2) Select Home Network.
3) Select DLNA Client.
4) Select my PC.
5) At this point, if I select Photos or Music, everything works fine.
But if I select Video, I get a message "Could not connect to server.
Please verify network connection and setting".

Obviously, I am already connected to the server, or I wouldn't have gotten that far. But I have gone to Network Settings and run the test, and everything passes.

I have also tried doing the true factory reset (by pressing & holding OK, Blue & Yellow on the remote), but that didn't help.

So I tried doing the same thing on my Win 7 laptop, and got slightly different results. When I select Videos, I don't get the message about not connecting to the server. I am able to see the list of videos, but when I try to play one, I just get a black screen.

Do you think this is an issue with the Panasonic? Or has some setting changed in my PC(s)?

Thanks for your time.

Hi

A quick check would be for you to restore your PC to an earlier period...the possible date when things were working fine...go to system restore and select a date which you assume that everything was working fine and see if things work now....

If still facing the same issue then this would mean that the player has some issue and possible google searches would yield some resolutions..

Hope this helps

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back