Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Review

I personally follow a simple rule to make a movie on Blu-ray a must have.

First, select a genre...
Second, select a movie from that million list...
Third, read reviews on different sites about the movie on Blu-ray...
Forth, if "Highly Recommended" just go for it. If "Recommended", its a buy after considering the worthiness in terms of price paid, otherwise go for the DVD.

For example, "The Dark Knight Rises" Blu-ray is worth for its current pricing, but if it is priced more than the current price, then its better to wait, so that the price comes down or you get a discount and then proceed with the purchase.

Actually, "The Dark Knight Rises" is cheaper at Flipkart at current prices.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Youtube streaming is flawless using BDT220, but when i watch on PC it freezes for buffering, but on BDT its realtime.

I couldn't see LastFM, is there any applet in BDT to listen to internet radio stations. Please suggest.

-ben

Youtube videos are not showing full screen it is shown as half screen.

-ben

If you haven't figured it out., just select the video appearing in the right side (ie half screen) and select it using left-right buttons and click ok. This will make the video fullscreen.

BTW the youtube videos are streaming without any glitches..even my lap will have little glitches or stops in the middle while a video is playing...nice player...:clapping:

Youtube streaming is flawless using BDT220, but when i watch on PC it freezes for buffering, but on BDT its realtime.

I couldn't see LastFM, is there any applet in BDT to listen to internet radio stations. Please suggest.

-ben

Sure there is... "Shoutcast" is available on the market, just purchase it from the player itself, its free and its great.

I have few xvid movies but heard that these are not supported by 220. Is there really an option to play xvid on 220?

Does sony BD player supports xvid?

I have few xvid movies but heard that these are not supported by 220. Is there really an option to play xvid on 220?

Yes, it plays xvid flawlessly, but the picture quality is not good. Its blurred and the edges are soft and broken.

Its really unfair to feed xvid's, avi's and other low quality media to this player.
This player is meant for High Definition and if you really want to enjoy the high quality output go for a minimum DVD's, which also is up-scaled and displayed.
For ultimate high definition experience, Blu-ray's are the only answer.

(no offence meant, just a personal thought)

So for making it region free, we need the enhanced firmware version 1.49A from the mentioned website, am I right ? Can someone confirm ? And the process is to PM them with the details right ? Where does the donation option come ?

Thanks

So for making it region free, we need the enhanced firmware version 1.49A from the mentioned website, am I right ? Can someone confirm ? And the process is to PM them with the details right ? Where does the donation option come ?

Thanks

Yes, yes and yes. Donation information also through PM, to be paid via paypal.

Didn't get the part 'donation information also through PM' . They will send me the donation I need to pay through PM as a reply to my request ? Can you elaborate a bit please. and I also need to create a paypal account right ? Need some help on that too :p

Didn't get the part 'donation information also through PM' . They will send me the donation I need to pay through PM as a reply to my request ? Can you elaborate a bit please. and I also need to create a paypal account right ? Need some help on that too :p

After you register at the firmware website, you send a PM to request for the firmware, and then you get a reply asking you to pay a donation for the firmware (with information on how much and how).
Now, once you pay the donation via paypal to the said email address, you get the firmware to download from a link provided through PM.

Creating a paypal account is simple, head to www.paypal.com and create a account, you will have to disclose you credit card information with the website.

Thanks a ton. Now one last question ( hopefully :p), how to get the MAC address ? I connected the blu ray player through wired LAN to the router, could connect internet, but where can I find the MAC address? I can get a list of connected devices from the wireless router page( but that is after the wired LAN connection of the blu ray is disconnected and the LAN cable is connected to the wireless router ). Does anything on the settings page on the blu ray player gives the MAC address ?

Thanks a ton. Now one last question ( hopefully :p), how to get the MAC address ? I connected the blu ray player through wired LAN to the router, could connect internet, but where can I find the MAC address? I can get a list of connected devices from the wireless router page( but that is after the wired LAN connection of the blu ray is disconnected and the LAN cable is connected to the wireless router ). Does anything on the settings page on the blu ray player gives the MAC address ?

Go to Settings -> Player Settings -> Network -> Network Settings and you find the wired MAC address below.

You have to change the LAN Connection Mode to "Wired" and not "Wireless". There are 2 different MAC addresses for Wired and Wireless. What we want is the MAC for Wired.

You will find 12 characters combination like xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx, that is the MAC address.

I thought MAC address is equipment specific ( ignorant me :p ). Thanks

You are correct, a MAC address is equipment specific but only to equipment that have a network interface.

This address is unique and is assigned for communicating on the physical network, say with a router which in return helps connect other equipments like mobile phones, tablets, computers and many more.

You did not read the first past of the thread. The player plays almost all formats including dvix and xvid. But the player will not be able to enhance the videos - there is a limit to how much garbage can be refined and processed.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Unable to register on the firmware site, says model no incorrect? Gave DMP-BDT220.What should be it, I got the player from amazon.com USA. Thanks.

I have very basic idea of Boderlinx, as I used ishopinternational.com for my purchase of the player.

But as described by "jsmithe" and the link provided it clearly explains the fuel charge. Its basically a surcharge which is added on the shipping cost.

I am planning one myself thru ishopintll.. What was the courier they used? Is warranty covered internationally ?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back