• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Panasonic FX730D Feedback Thread

rajarshi_zma

Hi

I have just bought the Panasonic 55" FX730D from Amazon (Cloudtail India seller)
I have the following checklist in my mind

1. LED bleeding Test video run from Youtube
2. Local Dimming Test video run from Youtube
3. runtime duration check
4. Physical inspection to confirm returned/used product by anyother user.

I would like to get some suggestion from all the respective members if any other checklist to add. Incase you guys are aware of any TEST VIDEO link pls share.
Also is there anything specifically i need to check for Online products to ensure that its a brand new piece. Not any returned or display piece.

Can anybody share the steps to check the RUNTIME/POWERON time duration for PANASONIC.

Thanks in Advance.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

sandeepss

Can anybody share the steps to check the RUNTIME/POWERON time duration for PANASONIC.
Please check this thread and see if it works.

sandeepss

Incase you guys are aware of any TEST VIDEO link pls share
It’s an old thread for calibrating plasma tv.

rajarshi_zma

Update

1. The first model came from Amazon had some peculiar black spot on the back panel. I immediately returned it without installing & canceled the order from Amazon.
2. Went to Croma & they agreed to get the same model on same price as Amazon. In Bangalore they dint have a stock ; so they got the First unit from Hyderabad Warehouse delivered at my doorstep. Unfortunately the very first model from Croma had the same back panel issues and LED panel Vertical Banding . So Croma agreed to get me a replacement .
3. The 1st replacement from Croma again had the LCD Panel issue more than the first unit. This time Croma told that they dont have any more stock available for replacement . Now Panasonic told they will directly replace this 2nd faulty model from their Own Stock.
4. 2nd replacement came from Panasonic . This time i ignored the Back panel and was expecting that the LCD panel should be OK. But The 3rd TV has vertical banding existing.

Now i don't know what to do .. Should i chuck Panasonic and go ahead with any other Brand LED model !! What if the other brands LED has same Vertical Banding issues. !!IMG_20190713_114309~2.jpgIMG_20190619_105610~2.jpg

The same specification what i got from FX730D (100hz, WCG, frame Dimming) may not come within the same price bracket from other brands.

Can anybody suggest with their past experience !!

Attaching the Pictures for reference.

sandeepss

Update

1. The first model came from Amazon had some peculiar black spot on the back panel. I immediately returned it without installing & canceled the order from Amazon.
2. Went to Croma & they agreed to get the same model on same price as Amazon. In Bangalore they dint have a stock ; so they got the First unit from Hyderabad Warehouse delivered at my doorstep. Unfortunately the very first model from Croma had the same back panel issues and LED panel Vertical Banding . So Croma agreed to get me a replacement .
3. The 1st replacement from Croma again had the LCD Panel issue more than the first unit. This time Croma told that they dont have any more stock available for replacement . Now Panasonic told they will directly replace this 2nd faulty model from their Own Stock.
4. 2nd replacement came from Panasonic . This time i ignored the Back panel and was expecting that the LCD panel should be OK. But The 3rd TV has vertical banding existing.

Now i don't know what to do .. Should i chuck Panasonic and go ahead with any other Brand LED model !! What if the other brands LED has same Vertical Banding issues. !!View attachment 37318View attachment 37319

The same specification what i got from FX730D (100hz, WCG, frame Dimming) may not come within the same price bracket from other brands.

Can anybody suggest with their past experience !!

Attaching the Pictures for reference.
My Panasonic plasma GT50 bought in 2011 suffered similar issues. The dealer replaced the first unit. Vertical bands reappeared in the new unit, and Panasonic replaced the panel alone 2 more times in the 3 year warranty period. After warranty lapsed, the final panel too has banding, but I'm so used to them, it has become part of the TV viewing experience :)
I don't know if the issue is due to poor QA from the manufacturer, defective batch, or the dust & moisture situation in my home, so can't comment on that.

Marakk

This is drty screen effect. Even high-end Samsung QLEDs have it. OLEDs have banding issues between 5-25% grey too, but that's a different. Point is that no matter what TV you get from what brand, there will be a lottery involved. As long as don't notice it while I watching content, ignore it.

SPONSORED ADS