Panasonic P42V20D : Direct Tv Recording

TaureanBull

I am sure number of us are enjoying this awesome plasma.

Has anyone ever tried Direct TV Recording feature of the TV? I am stuck up and not able to achieve this.

Any help here guys?

This facility is available in the TV and I am not able to use it. The problem is as simple as that.

IMO people have not used this feature so far thats why it remains unexplored.

You can use that feature by attaching a USB storage and subscribing to Direct TV and using it. Prepare yourself to relocate to UK for doing so! This has been discussed here before I believe.

Is there a need to subscribe? I have Tata Sky HD. Can you point to the link?

From what I gathered, you can record (at least in the case of LG 42LW5700, search that thread if you need more info) only if the input is Digital Terrestrial transmission. You can't record HDMi or composite or any other input. At present, all the cable transmission is analog. You will have to wait for some more time.

May be, you need not wait. I guess some dish connections have this feature. You just connect to the STB and record. Check which SP gives this feature.

I have Tata Sky HD and I am feeding my plasma through HDMI cable. The Plasma is supposed to record through compatible HDD. No success yet. Nothing more I could comprehend from the manual.

I have Tata Sky HD and I am feeding my plasma through HDMI cable. The Plasma is supposed to record through compatible HDD. No success yet. Nothing more I could comprehend from the manual.

In india its not possible to record in your plasma

We don't have a DVB-T or a digital transmission,So unless your tvs built in tuner gets a digital signal it cannot record.

With a TS or any other DTH,the STB is doing the tuning.

set your plasma to TV mode
see if you can record the black/white dots, or DD terrestrial channels if you get them - the signal is not digital so it may not work

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back