Panasonic TH-43D350DX Review ( Sort Of )

HE-MAN

[URL=http://s750.photobucket.com/user/heman843/media/IMG_0302_zpsm8gxbgcy.jpg.html][/URL]

Bought it from Flipkart during sales was looking for LG but none of the tv were available at my pincode. Received the Tv yesterday evening, I installed it myself which was fairly straight forward for table mount. My requirement was Full HD because I don't have high speed Internet, I struggle to stream 1080p on youtube. My Zotac gtx 980ti cannot maintain locked 60fps @ 2160p in forza Horizon 3 so off course new games will also struggle.

The Tv is fairly basic just as basic as my Infocus 50 inch model. Average build quality and slightly above average PQ. My usage is strictly limited to using this Tv as a monitor.

First thing first, The Tv is able to do 1080p@60Hz in RGB FULL 8Bit ( I use this for games ). It also supports Ycbcr 422 1080p@60Hz in 10-12Bit limited Range. ( I use this for 10Bit movies ). Everything media related is handled by MadVr. ( Comment if you want my Madvr settings, this thing can good some magic really brings out the most of any display ).

Blacks are average would be fair to say below average.Tv does get bright above average in terms of brightness. Color reproduction is good especially Green and Blue. Tv does struggle a bit in Red like Reds will be a bit over saturated. No backlight bleed, black uniformity below average.

I cannot measure input lag, since I dont have the required equipment but it does seem to have a low input lag. I did not experience any input lag issues while playing forza horizon 3 online.

While watching movies the Tv stands out, really good experience so far. ( almost all my library consists of 10bit Hevc encodes). Youtube, hotstar, amazon prime look reasonably good.

What I don't like is the settings options, there is nothing in terms of picture adjustment. Brightness, contrast, color, color temp, backlight, tint is locked in every mode, sharpness, that's it nothing else. There only three modes for picture Dynamic, soft, standard. There are no option for motion handling, black level and it does not have local dimming or any such feature. Flipkart provided wrong information on their page.

Current settings

Picture mode = User
Contrast = 44
Brightness = 60
Color = 52
Tint = 0
Sharpness = 28
Backlight = 40
Color Temp = Warm
Aspect Ratio = just scan
Noise Reduction = Off

PS: This is my personal opinion and not a expert review, individual mileage may vary.

Check out if there is a user or customer preferred mode. You might get more adjustments there. Enjoy your TV. I did on my old panny plasma.

I am surprised you are not happy with the blacks. Panasonics are usually IPS panels , with terrific blacks.. !

I am surprised you are not happy with the blacks. Panasonics are usually IPS panels , with terrific blacks.. !
AFAIK, IPS panels are for better viewing angle, not for great black level. VA panels reproduce great blacks.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

AFAIK, IPS panels are for better viewing angle, not for great black level. VA panels reproduce great blacks.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Exactly. Also VA panel have better response time, that's why some of the high end monitors 4K, G-sync or high refresh monitor like 144hz use VA panels.

From what I have heard from the trusted local dealer with whom I buy white goods and electronics from the last 20 years, Panasonic in the under 50K models, do not import their panels but they are made by Micromax. Hence, for instance, this particular model costs near about Micromax, Vu or Intex LEDs. I am just quoting what I have been told :)

From what I have heard from the trusted local dealer with whom I buy white goods and electronics from the last 20 years, Panasonic in the under 50K models, do not import their panels but they are made by Micromax. Hence, for instance, this particular model costs near about Micromax, Vu or Intex LEDs. I am just quoting what I have been told :)

PS - Sorry for posting twice.

Nice info, I thought the price was low because of sale and the Tv being a 2015 model that is only available in India. No problem has I have returned the Tv a week ago.
PS: Tv is not recommended at all. Buy something else.

Blacks are average would be fair to say below average.Tv does get bright above average in terms of brightness.

Older generation IPS panels are not the best when it comes to black levels. Some newer IPS panels are getting better with black levels. Panasonic TVs with VA panels are much better than their IPS models when it comes to black levels and contrast ratio.

From what I have heard from the trusted local dealer with whom I buy white goods and electronics from the last 20 years, Panasonic in the under 50K models, do not import their panels but they are made by Micromax.

As far as I know Micromax does not manufacture panels for TVs, they import the panels for their TV. The Panasonic TV that is being discussed here must be using a panel from LG.

Older generation IPS panels are not the best when it comes to black levels. Some newer IPS panels are getting better with black levels. Panasonic TVs with VA panels are much better than their IPS models when it comes to black levels and contrast ratio.

As far as I know Micromax does not manufacture panels for TVs, they import the panels for their TV. The Panasonic TV that is being discussed here must be using a panel from LG.

To be far you cannot expect much from a 28k Tv. But still was good enough for normal cable Tv viewing. Black level problem was solved after further calibrations. Anyway Tv was returned so no harm done. However its not recommended has a good buy.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back