Panasonic TH-P50XT50D vs TH-P50UT50D

Should i buy a Full HD Plasma TV or a HD Ready plasma TV

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

u.sandeep

Hello People, Im Sandeep and this is my first post on HiFIVision.
As I'm planning to buy a 50" Plasma TV, I got a couple of queries.

Basically Im looking out for one of the below mentioned model
- Panasonic TH-P50XT50D - Around Rs.61,000 - HD Ready
- Panasonic TH-P50UT50D - Around Rs.75,000 - Full HD

Could you kindly help me decide on which of the above models should I select.
Is it really worth shelling out the additional 15K for "TH-P50UT50D"?
Would there be a huge difference in the picture quality if i go in for the UT50.

When i taken a demo of both these Plasma TVs, i felt the image on XT50 i.e. Panasonic TH-P50XT50D was much more brighter than the UT50.

Kindly provide your valuable suggestions.

Question: what will you be watching mostly?

The full HD panel of UT50 will play to strength only if you are watching true high definition stuff such as blu-ray. HD DTH is 1080i and is serviced well by XT50 and UT50 will not bring in any significant advantage.

However, the UT50 has higher contrast ratio, better black filter to achieve better contrast and 2500 Hz sub-field drive. The black filter makes the TV appear dimmer. But do not go by showroom statistics. Showrooms are brightly lit and hence plasma TVs will appear faded out/washed out and the UT50 will appear worse than XT50. At home, things are different and ambient light is much lower. You should be watching plasma TV in a room where ambient light is not too high and there are no reflective windows, room lights off the TV glass panel. So darker UT50 will be a bonus because you will see better blacks.

go with the UT50 for sure!!! XT50 is not that great a plasma.........I would prefer Samsung E490 over XT50 but UT50 is a total different tv.......it rocks!!! can't really compare XT50 with UT50, though priced higher it is well worth it!!!

IF you wanna go into detail then look at what just4kix has written brilliantly : However, the UT50 has higher contrast ratio, better black filter to achieve better contrast and 2500 Hz sub-field drive. The black filter makes the TV appear dimmer. But do not go by showroom statistics. Showrooms are brightly lit and hence plasma TVs will appear faded out/washed out and the UT50 will appear worse than XT50. At home, things are different and ambient light is much lower. You should be watching plasma TV in a room where ambient light is not too high and there are no reflective windows, room lights off the TV glass panel. So darker UT50 will be a bonus because you will see better blacks.

Do you need any more clarification.............its the perfect price vs performance tv!!!

aaskashr ,i have compared and checked before going for xt50,you cannot read tickers/news tickers in E490,picture brightness is slightly more in xt50,good dark level in samsung.sound is good in xt wrt to E490.

go with the UT50 for sure!!! XT50 is not that great a plasma.........I would prefer Samsung E490 over XT50 but UT50 is a total different tv.......it rocks!!! can't really compare XT50 with UT50, though priced higher it is well worth it!!!

IF you wanna go into detail then look at what just4kix has written brilliantly : However, the UT50 has higher contrast ratio, better black filter to achieve better contrast and 2500 Hz sub-field drive. The black filter makes the TV appear dimmer. But do not go by showroom statistics. Showrooms are brightly lit and hence plasma TVs will appear faded out/washed out and the UT50 will appear worse than XT50. At home, things are different and ambient light is much lower. You should be watching plasma TV in a room where ambient light is not too high and there are no reflective windows, room lights off the TV glass panel. So darker UT50 will be a bonus because you will see better blacks.

Do you need any more clarification.............its the perfect price vs performance tv!!!

I have the XT50 and i have to say that i am pretty satisfied. I was in a confusion over Full HD of HD ready, but given the content that is available, i pretty much couldnt spot a huge difference. Save the money and put that into a good home theater, that will serve you better. An moreover, the power consumption is lower on a XT50 compared to UT50.
If you really want better picture quality, then think about the ST and GT series. UT is only marginally better.

I don't think that XT50 is not up to the mark in its class and line-up. The Samsung D-490 is cheaper and hence definitely slightly more value for money.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back