Panasonic THL32E5D Panel Fault / 15 Months old

iamrahul

Hi All,

I purchased a Panasonic LED Televison Model No. THL32E5D pricing Rs. 41,000 (Approx $670) and just after 3 months post warranty. It started displaying a thin vertical line at the middle of the screen.

The Panasonic technician after checking the product told me that its a faulty LED Panel issue and needs to be replaced by paying Rs. 17,000 (Approx. $280). Tried to requesting them over the phone as well as emails through [email protected] but of now use. They arent interested in offering any kind of discount for a product which went faulty only after 3 months after the expiry of warranty period,

I've been persuading for the past one week asking them for a discount since Rs. 17,000 is a high amount and I can easily opt in for a new television by paying that amount but they seem to have no mercy or any kind of willingness to help me.

On the other hand, I've read Panasonic UK and even India helping its customers replacing the faulty devices or parts free of cost even after the expiry of its warranty. Read these cases:

Panasonic TH42PX60 Panel Fault / 14 Months old | AVForums.com - UK Online

http://www.hifivision.com/television/31050-panasonic-st30-unrepairable-panel-fault-replaced.html

Unfortuntely, In my case all they care is to close the support ticket and display those cheesy lines i.e., "Assuring you the best services always" at their signature line.

Please think before investing your hard earned money at Panasonic.

Regards,
Rahul Basu

Hello Rahul, I feel really sorry reading about your issue. I have a problem and it's reported within 30 days of purchase and it's been like 4 months and they still haven't replaced it yet. Since, your panel is available, they'll replace the same for 17K. If they didn't have the panel, they would've replaced your present with a new TV, I'm not sure about Panasonic though. Their after-sales service is pathetic, at least, in our place.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back