panasonic tv - sending preset data

arnprasad

Hi - when I connect my philips blu ray player i get a sending preset data prompt on my tv - but it is not moving...and it has disabled my remote..its 3d side by side and unfortunately my 3d button too doesnt work and I am seeing just two videos side by side.

I googled and few other people also got same problem but none discuss solution. Thx

Hi - when I connect my philips blu ray player i get a sending preset data prompt on my tv - but it is not moving...and it has disabled my remote..its 3d side by side and unfortunately my 3d button too doesnt work and I am seeing just two videos side by side.

I googled and few other people also got same problem but none discuss solution. Thx

Bad Luck :sad: Hope you will get solution soon.

Thanks Sandeep. My TV's 3d was already on. However there is another setting of advanced 3d - I turned that on and this now it has eliminated the problem.

Of course the sending preset data prompt is still there at the bottom - will google some more to find out how to get rid of it.

The reason I want to run it past my Philips blu ray is because its outputting DTS audio which for some reason my laptop does not.

So on a related note - do you know how to get DTS audio out of a laptop HDMI if it does not have dedicated sound card?

I got GOM, VLC, WIndows media player of course, Power dvd 11 - but none of them are outputting DTS sound...if this works then I dont have to play the file using my blu ray player.

Try using KMplayer [It's an opensource player] on your PC and connect via HDMI to your AVR. I'm not sure whether your TV will recognize the audio codec directly, so it is better to connect via your AVR

Thanks Sandeep. My TV's 3d was already on. However there is another setting of advanced 3d - I turned that on and this now it has eliminated the problem.

Of course the sending preset data prompt is still there at the bottom - will google some more to find out how to get rid of it.

The reason I want to run it past my Philips blu ray is because its outputting DTS audio which for some reason my laptop does not.

So on a related note - do you know how to get DTS audio out of a laptop HDMI if it does not have dedicated sound card?

I got GOM, VLC, WIndows media player of course, Power dvd 11 - but none of them are outputting DTS sound...if this works then I dont have to play the file using my blu ray player.

Thanks. Also I disabled the Viera Link and now that irritating prompt does not show up. I also removed my ethernet cable.

Not really sure if people are finding Viera Connect to be of any use - I tried it for few mins last week and felt very irritating and thought its better to connect my laptop than this

Try installing media player classic in laptop to get dts audio..

If your bluray player is able to decode dts u still get stereo output from tv..so better use audio return channel of avr and take the video output to tv...then via avr u will get dts output.

If u want to playback dts audio via wmp u need to install ac3filter..also coreavc to play video codec.

Last edited:
Thanks..using XBMC and unfortunately my 1020K does not support ARC. managed to get DTS out of my laptop onto my AVR using XBMC.

Reason why I am unable to use my Blu ray player is that for 1GB blu ray HSBS rips - it keeps giving the prompt - audio not supported...hence its not useful for me and hence want the laptop to drive things

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back